Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unlocking Phone with Face Recognition

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 09:30 PM)
Annandale
Apprentice
Options

I have set up unlocking of the phone using my phone, however when I lock the phone I do not get an option for face recognition, just finger print.  What do I need to do to get this to show?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ragety
Pioneer
Options
Just to clarify. you say you've set up unlocking on phone. Have you set up the facial recognition in the settings? Once completed, when you turn the phone on , and you are looking straight ahead at the phone, it will unlock and take you to your homescreen. There isn't any outline image to place face to align, as with older phones. Just padlock at top by the camera that can be refreshed if it doesn't work first time.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Annandale
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for all your help.  I was able to locate the icon and redid the face recognition set up and it works now.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's not possible to change that,sorry.
0 Likes
TheSpudman
Pathfinder
Options
Do you not see anything circling the front camera? I see a little white swirl around the camera on the S20+
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
As @TheSpudman stated, when you turn on the screen there should be a white circle swirl around the front camera. This indicates its using facial recognition to unlock. If it's successful, depending on what option you've selected to unlock, it'll go straight to your home screen (or last app when the screen was turned off) or the unlock (padlock icon) will be open indicating you need to swipe the screen to unlock.
0 Likes
Solution
Ragety
Pioneer
Options
Just to clarify. you say you've set up unlocking on phone. Have you set up the facial recognition in the settings? Once completed, when you turn the phone on , and you are looking straight ahead at the phone, it will unlock and take you to your homescreen. There isn't any outline image to place face to align, as with older phones. Just padlock at top by the camera that can be refreshed if it doesn't work first time.
0 Likes
Solution
Annandale
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for all your help.  I was able to locate the icon and redid the face recognition set up and it works now.

0 Likes