Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with s21 ultra exynos

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 08:40 PM)
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options
Anybody else unhappy with the s21 ultra exynos ?
I have tried to give this phone a bit of time and I'm struggling , fed up of having to turn features off to save battery life , feels sluggish compared to the s20fe 5g snap dragon I had which was a mid range device .
Feels like the processor is just duff and when I watch videos on how the camera looks on the snapdragon model of the s21 ultra it really pi**es me off .
I am not new to samsung I know how to preserve battery life etc I just thought samsung had apparently upped the game with the exynos 2100 from what I was reading but I'd say it's improved it by about 10 percent .
Snapdragon is still miles and miles ahead and still , outside of the US , Canada , China , Japan we continue to get ripped off and sold the sub standard model .
Strongly considering going for the i13 , will be sacrificing a lot of features and customisation but what does it matter when I have turn half them off anyway and at least I won't have to worry about battery or camera which for me are 2 of the main things that need to be spot on with a smartphone.
8 REPLIES 8
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you are after Snapdragon variants, I suggest looking on WondaMobile.com 😉. Hope this helps! 🙂
illEez
Voyager
Options
There's really no noticeable difference between the two, and the Exynos models battery lasts longer than Snapdragons.

I'm content with the Exynos; I did have the same concerns as yourself regarding the Exynos - Snapdragon performance, but have had no problems.

There's options to get the most out of processor speed, battery life etc, that you said you know about so no point my going over them, but here's a comparison between the two...

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-snapdragon-vs-exynos-1195066/
0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options
I'd like to agree but I came from the s20 fe 5g which is mid range with the snapdragon 865 and the phone was a lot snappier .
Also looking at my photos the fe clearly took better shots too with the main lens ,I'm actually fuming tbh and wish I'd of kept the fe.
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
I've got nothing to compare it with tbf, this is the first mobile phone I've had in years (as I didn't need one) and from my viewpoint it's pretty impressive; mobile technology's came a long way since way back when.

There's a few options with the camera on the s21 ultra that the user needs to switch on/off/whatever (I watched a ton of yt videos on it just to get my head around it all) in order to get the best out the camera, likewise with video recording where for example the 'video Stabilisation' option is best switched off.

Here's a few pics I took using mine; that hill is about 25 miles from me.

20211113_025409_3469_1636772059.jpg20211103_132720_3167_1635946043.jpg20211113_221551_3501_1636841755.jpg
0 Likes
andykod77
Navigator
Options
I'm using the s21 5g exynos version a nd i gotta admit I really enjoy it, that's coming from a s7edge
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Might explain why S21 Series sales have fallen sharply below forecasts and continue to do so.

Explains why Xiaomi are doing so well.........
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options
I got rid and got the pixel 6 pro ,I'm using an old a7 to respond on this app.
I do not regret it one bit , the p6 is faster in every way ,installs apps at least 3 times as fast ,its smooth like butter ,camera destroys the exynos ultra in every way ,screen isn't making my eyes dissolve and burn like the ultra it's a brilliant phone to show case android .
I can not believe how slow the exynos ultra is .
I have said before its border lining fraud selling exynos models under the same device name as the snapdragon ,they are 2 different phones.
Snapdragon has better photos better performance and better battery life .
Nothing ever changes ,just glad I'm away from it now.
0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options
I'm pretty sure now as well that the s21 fe has come out so late because otherwise they would have released a phone better than there s21 ultra flagship at a cheaper price and people would have realised from reviewers and samsung would lose sales from the ultra.
I mean the s20 fe 5g is better than the s21 exynos ultra so there is no way they are going to bring out an s21 fe and kill it off.
0 Likes