Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unfair upgrades from S20 to S21

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 03:38 PM)
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Can someone explain to me how it is fair that my friend and I purchased the S20 in march 2020 however now he is able to upgrade today Jan 14 2021 whileI am being told that I can't upgrade till 14/03/2021 thus meaning that I am going to upgrade late to a 2 month old phone and also going to miss out on the free earbud pro and tag promotion worth £250.

This is a joke.

51 REPLIES 51
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Thank you for reporting your experience with the Samsung Upgrade programme. We’ve been in touch with the team who are implementing an update to resolve this.

If you pre-ordered an S20 device last year between 1st and 12th March 2020, you’ll be able to access the Upgrade Lounge today and will receive an email this week from the team. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Thank you finally after calling 3+ times and online chatting over 5 times + twitter DMs at last there is a solution, i advise you also please inform your customer support colleagues as whenever i asked for this to be reported as a problem they refused and basically read a script every single time. Imagine how many customer smust have been misinformed due to this

Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Hey mate read the latest last few posts there is a solution now

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Hey mate check latest replies on here there is a solution now :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Members_92Z3MEA
First Poster
Options

Received the email today tried to upgrade and this is all I get

We're sorry but you are not currently eligible to upgrade.

I ordered my s20+ on the 2nd  March 2020

2Beers
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
did you get a text? if you did go through that link and put your original klarna loan. before for me it says that but now it says i can upgrade also if it don't work then contact Samsung and let them know as now it's officially been mention that anyone who ordered between those dates can upgrade
0 Likes
Members_92Z3MEA
First Poster
Options

Tried that same message guess I will have to try and contact them

2Beers
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
just to confirm is it just numbers, or a mixture of numbers and letters and does it have a (-) somwhere in the loan agreement if possible maybe post the agreement format but change the details? very odd that it say's you're not eligible at most it should say 2/03/2021
0 Likes
Members_92Z3MEA
First Poster
Options

tried 1234567-001 format also tried without the  -001

2Beers
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
that's incorrect that looks like the one for your previous handset i also have a similar one to that and if i use that it says i can't upgrade the new one should look more like 0MCW3NC5 you can also find this by going to klarna website logging in and clicking on Samsung it'll show you but in your inbox if you search Klara look for a similar format to that
0 Likes