Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unfair upgrades from S20 to S21

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 08:05 PM)
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Can someone explain to me how it is fair that my friend and I purchased the S20 in march 2020 however now he is able to upgrade today Jan 14 2021 whileI am being told that I can't upgrade till 14/03/2021 thus meaning that I am going to upgrade late to a 2 month old phone and also going to miss out on the free earbud pro and tag promotion worth £250.

This is a joke.

51 REPLIES 51
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

The loan agreement number is in the email I received from Klarna when I signed up. They give you it in your upgrade email that I received today as well anyway. I assume you just don't have your email yet?

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
nope don't have the email, my loan agreement thing is mixed of numbers and letters but the good thing is you got your email today which gives me hope as all others received it on the 8th. could you confirm your previous handset was purchased in march?
0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Yep got it at launch. Just need to hold out for the email. Check your spam folders. I only got mines 30 minutes ago.

I've gone through the upgrade process, it doesn't seem to care that I've not had it for 12 months. Not placed an order yet though as I am actually undecided about upgrading. 

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
that's great, thank you so much I'll wait it out and see if i get the email. as long as i get it before the 29th which is when the promotion period ends I'll be happy otherwise Samsung is probably losing a customer haha I'll keep a look out for my junk folders too thanks again mate!
0 Likes
Toccylad
First Poster
Options
It said the same to me as well. Ive just tried it again and everythkng has gone through now. And it ships with the buds and tag on the same day. None of this having to claim
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

what code did you use? Did you get an email today? and when did you purchase your last phone

thanks!

0 Likes
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Can anyone answer me this please? I went to upgrade and when I was at the checkout stage it asked me if I wanted to join the upgrade program. I've been part of the upgrade program for 4 years. Did anyone else have this?
0 Likes
Toccylad
First Poster
Options
I got my email today and i purchased the s20 ultra last febuary
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
do you remember the date in feb? I've now been told my upgrade window starts in 15feb lol which is useless because i will miss out on the free stuff
0 Likes
Toccylad
First Poster
Options
I didnt use a code i got an email about 5pm.and went through to upgrade and it said i wasnt eligible till thw 14/1/2021 which is today. So i left it. Went back on about 6pm and it all went through. I ordered the s20 ultra last febuary and it came in March
0 Likes