Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unfair upgrades from S20 to S21

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 05:25 PM)
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Can someone explain to me how it is fair that my friend and I purchased the S20 in march 2020 however now he is able to upgrade today Jan 14 2021 whileI am being told that I can't upgrade till 14/03/2021 thus meaning that I am going to upgrade late to a 2 month old phone and also going to miss out on the free earbud pro and tag promotion worth £250.

This is a joke.

51 REPLIES 51
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

I just received my email to upgrade however when I went through to do so it said i wasn't eligible to upgrade until....14/01/2021. ie. today. Very confusing. I couldn't go any further.

Not sure how it will all work out as presumably we would need to sign up to a new 24 month deal ending Jan or Feb 2023, but what about the Feb/March payments for the S20 from last year? 

0 Likes
Stuartac87
First Poster
Options
I'm the same. Find it weird I pre-ordered the S20 but can't pre-order the S21 yet. It's not my fault the releases are less than 12 months apart. How are other upgraders managing to pre-order?
0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Also, they will offer me £540 to trade in my S20 right now, even though the rest of my contract is going to cost me £505. So I'd be better of trading in. I would still of course need to pay up the rest of my contract this way but after a year I'd be £35 better off.

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
the whole thing is just so dumb I've spoken to 3 different people at Samsung and have been given three different dates i can upgrade. one being now one being in Feb and one being in march. it's so frustrating at this point i think I'm just going to wait out this contract and leave Samsung I'm not ready to deal with this sort of incompetence
0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Okay, so I just retried to upgrade and it will allow me to this tie. OP, you maybe just need to be a bit more patient and wait for your upgrade email to come through.

0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Live Chat. The first guy told me that I couldnt upgrade to the S21 because their flagship/upgrade phone was currently the Note 20. 10 mins later he told me their site had updated and now it was the S21.

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
exactly it just doesn't even make sense. if you end up calling them and they somehow fix it for you can you please let me know thanks
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
i can't even try to check since i don't have my loan agreement number and no one at Samsung is helping me get it lol could you tell me what number you used to check for eligibility? also did you just get the email today? if so then i can definitely be patient and hope i get it soon too
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
i spoke to them on the phone 3 times, 3 different people and once on live chat
0 Likes