Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to move items to Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 09:05 PM)
GrGaja08
Student
Options

With the new updates I am unable to move items from my gallery to ##SecureFolder in my Galaxy S21 5G. It happened after the latest update. Earlier update stopped#WhatsApp being unable to download contents from Dual App, #Samsung pointed the finger at third party, now with Secure Folder. I am not too sure who to turn to now, I hope Samsung doesn't keep on saying us to use the phone without applications after spending some dollars on their phone, or ask us to reset the phone for something that happens to multiple user

102 REPLIES 102
Tamanna_b
First Poster
Options

Even In Samsung A50 having  same issue please try to resolve it soon.

0 Likes
Noel Power
First Poster
Options

Most probably, you can't move them because they're in WhatsApp folder, move them to a new folder preferably not in the Android folder and try to move them from there

0 Likes
Bahaa Deab
First Poster
Options

worked thanks

0 Likes
Harbourview
First Poster
Options

This worked for me. Thank you so much. It is a way around fix. Samsung failed here and we are making the best of it.

0 Likes
Piervs
First Poster
Options

Hi I was also having this issue and after some troubleshooting I realised the issue was the folder the file was in. So I transferred the file to another folder (for my scenario I had a picture in my WhatsApp folder and moved it to my camera folder) afterwards secure folder was able to work properly. I really hope this helps x 

0 Likes
Members_ouUbwRJ
First Poster
Options

Moving my files (pictures and video's) to a newly created album and then moving them to the Secure Folder fixed it for me. My files were in a Whatsapp folder and the secure folder bugs when trying to move it from there. Move the files to a different folder like your camera roll or a newly created album and move the files from there to the secure folder. That should fix it.

0 Likes
DeonKotze
Apprentice
Options

Thanx for that! Yes I could not move videos to secure folder but after moving it to Camera folder it works! What is wrong with Samsung that they cannot tell us that? I am so fedup with Samsung I will move soon to another 

0 Likes
DeonKotze
Apprentice
Options

Move it to Camera folder and then to Secure folder

0 Likes
DeonKotze
Apprentice
Options

So us users have to find the answer for all our problems by ourselves, Samsung is just there to market and sell their phones, and then give you the answer in the book without even checking if it works or checking back here. Samsung sucks! Time for a change...

0 Likes
sugarcube
First Poster
Options

it worked! thanks!

0 Likes