Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to clear voicemail

(Topic created on: 11-07-2021 06:30 PM)
nrosko
Apprentice
Options

Always says I have voicemail when i do not. I try the settings then clear date & cache for phone app. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Took this from a different post from here.
Hope it helps
user @Chewbacca something like that.

Im assuming that you`ve listened to the voicemail and its still showing the notification.
There are 2 steps that you could try.

Option 1
Try calling yourself from the same device. it will go to voicemail. leave a voicemail. and then listen to the voicemail and then delete this. this should help.

option 2

Go into settings > Applications > tap on the three dots in the top right hand corner > tap on show system apps > scroll down the list of apps until you see the three seprate phone apps > go into each phone app and clear cache and data.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
bluemeanie
First Poster
Options
Same problem on my S8 & wife's galaxy too?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under phone settings is your voicemail setup?

If not best to set it up according to your carrier.
0 Likes
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Took this from a different post from here.
Hope it helps
user @Chewbacca something like that.

Im assuming that you`ve listened to the voicemail and its still showing the notification.
There are 2 steps that you could try.

Option 1
Try calling yourself from the same device. it will go to voicemail. leave a voicemail. and then listen to the voicemail and then delete this. this should help.

option 2

Go into settings > Applications > tap on the three dots in the top right hand corner > tap on show system apps > scroll down the list of apps until you see the three seprate phone apps > go into each phone app and clear cache and data.
ACWOBBLER
First Poster
Options
After update 95% of my contacts are gone . Anyone else got this problem ?
0 Likes
nrosko
Apprentice
Options

I can not see the option in settings to show 'show system apps'. Is this for the s21?

I only see one phone app & i try clearing cache & data but it doesn't fix the problem. 

0 Likes
nrosko
Apprentice
Options

I found it.

The option is not under the 3 dots in the corner but there are 3 lines above the list of apps & this will display the other phone apps. There are 4 phone apps & it seemed to be the last one that cleared it. Been driving my crazy for months. 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you have them saved to the cloud like Google they should come back.. make sure sync is on for contacts.
0 Likes
dark6_672E-11
First Poster
Options

1) doesnt work at all

2) works for like an hour or 2 until the notification appears again

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @dark6_672E-11. If you're still seeing the Voicemail notification after following the steps suggested in the Solution above, I recommend the following:

Go to Settings > Notifications > App notifications >  tap on the three dots in the top right-hand corner > tap on Show system apps > Call settings > toggle Allow notifications off, and then toggle it back on.

Please let me know whether the Voicemail notification has now disappeared.

0 Likes