Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel S21 order.

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 04:46 AM)
Bill
Journeyman
Options

Is anyone else having difficulties trying to get an order cancelled?

I accidentally ordered the wrong phone for my wife and thought it would be an easy process to can cancel and re order. Wrong I have been trying for five days to get the order cancelled but apparently Samsung are having issues with their systems and are having problems cancelling all orders. Pretty poor for a supposed leader in the tech industry.

12 REPLIES 12
JohnnyWishbone
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I too am experiencing a long delay in getting my first order cancelled and refunded.
I also find it extremely poor on Samsung's side that they were unable to adjust my order in the first place, rather than me having to cancel it!

So far I am not impressed by Samsung and am still debating whether to stick with this brand going forward.
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
I remember I ordered a phone never had time to cancel it just never accepted the phone never sign for it and they took it back to wherever it got dispatched from plus give them a ring customer services and explain to them you have ordered the wrong phone plus as well don't accept the parcel when it's delivered they would just take it back from where it came from that's what I did
Bill
Journeyman
Options

Waiting until the phone arrives and sending it back would mean that I miss out on the special offers available and, I can’t place another order until the initial one is cancelled as I would then be unable to trade in the old phone.

I have been on the phone to customer services four times on the 20th, 22nd, 24th, and this morning 25th Dec to try and get the order cancelled, I have had lots of assurances and promises but no action.

Bill
Journeyman
Options

I agree Johnny it should have been possible to adjust the order. I am only changing as I didn't realise that the S21 did not have an SD card slot so am trying to upgrade to a higher storage.

I must admit I am now wondering if I should actually reorder if I ever succeed in getting the order cancelled and may look at a different brand.

jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah they are doing a great offer with the s21 earbuds and tag maybe you keep this phone what's arriving and give your other phone to your wife 🤣 if You trading in your phone to get the £350 off the price of the phone You can do the other option is you keep this phone then on O2 they do the family plan you can't order another phone but the only downfall is the other phone the money will come out to your account because it's in your name on your family plan that's the other option and I do understand about the great offers you could lose it all who you ordered the phone off O2
JohnnyWishbone
Journeyman
Options
It seems you are going through the exact same issue as myself.
I too wish I originally ordered the 256gb, but stupidly I went with 128gb for my initial order. That was my mistake, but I have never had an issue with making a change or cancelling an order like I have been with Samsung!
Spirit979
Navigator
Options
I had no issues cancelling my order. Just followed the link to My Account in my order acknowledgement email and clicked on the cancel order option. I got an email to confirm it was cancelled within minutes and a further email to confirm a refund to my card a couple hours later. The refund has been received today.
0 Likes
Bill
Journeyman
Options

Hi part of the problem is there is no cancel order option displayed that is why I have rang customer services 4 times to try and get the order cancelled.

Spirit979
Navigator
Options
I reckon your order has been processed or something so its too late to cancel. I think you have 14 days to cancel and return from when it arrives by law anyway