Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra 21 battery unacceptable

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 09:01 PM)
Elwezo
First Poster
Options
Since getting the phone a couple of months back now I have really struggled to justify the cost. But I have lived in hope that the promised updates would solve some issues.
The camera was the first dissapointment, but I will say that the last couple of updates have made improvements.
Where it has gotten to the point of returning the device is the battery! I have had to go back to not using Spotify in the car, using my camera as little as possible, but still today I am beyond dissapointed. The phone has been on charge on the mains all night (10 hours), 40 mins MAX scrolling social media and a bunch of WhatsApp messages and it's down to 33% at 3pm. Just not good enough for a high end phone. Can't deal with the fear my phone will die before the end of a normal day!
And I've checked the battery statistics to make sure nothing is draining it in the background, and nope, it's just a rubbish battery! 
Not happy. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's my SOT from morning.

3 hours and still 64% remaining when I am at home.

If at work I have 70% remaining by 6pm

clipboard_image_1617632002038.jpg

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My setup is as follows.

Apps updated both from Google and Samsung store.

Using Dark mode and screen brightness at around 50%

Location only allowed when app is opened under permissions bear a couple of apps I might need always on.

5g turned off as I don't have it on my sim yet.

Using 120hz adaptive with wqhd

Bluetooth On for my buds and stuff.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Mine since this morning. Sorry to hear you have problems with your battery but in my opinion this phone has one of the most efficient batteries out there with possibly the best SoT with no compromises. I use mine with 120hz WQHD+, 5G, Bluetooth, NFC all on and I maintain a healthy (in my opinion) 10h+ SoT.

Screenshot_20210405-151735_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Try a factory reset and set phone up without restoring from smart switch and then give a few days for it to learn usage.
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
I charge my phone twice in a week the battery is really good
Thurgood88
Explorer
Options
I've just posted a similar post, I'm at 22% now, took it off charge at 10:30am.
0 Likes
Lord_belial
Pioneer
Options
Same here the battery is really good
0 Likes