Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Phone usage restrictions

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 09:15 PM)
Dee_Tee
Explorer
Options
I contacted Samsung through the website and asked why I don't have the option of recording calls in my phone app settings (i need this desperatelyas i get a lot of false accusations from my ex wife saying i said something i didn't [hence why i try to text or email only, but this isn't always possible] it had at times even had to involve the police so i am desperatefor this software). Privacy legislation in England and Wales does not restrict usage of this software. Notice is required to the person on the call which i would do,  but that's the only issue.
This the reply I got...
"Thank you for waiting. Please allow me to explain that there is no available call recording feature on Samsung UK devices due to privacy and security. What we can suggest now is to send our developers a software feedback so that they can read this, and they can further include this feature in the next future updates. You can send feedback on our Samsung members app and rest assured that our developers will be able to see it."

Can anyone either help me by telling me if I can bypass this pointless restriction? Also will someone please explain to me how I can do what she said and leave feedback? 

Many thanks in advance.
Dee
14 REPLIES 14
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Dee_Tee  To send feedback go to Samsung Members-Support, in the Send Feedback section select Ask Questions.  Need to select Category and Application would be the most appropriate.

This issue has been raised  a fair bit in the Community.  At the present time the only option is to use a 3rd party app but be aware many of these have limitations.  see some more information in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/record-calls-option-not-available/td-p/5219209 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I wish I could record calls too, on my phone here in the UK.
It's really annoying when you call a company up and they say they are recording the call. We should be able to as well.
The only way I can do it at the moment. Is to make a call and then put it on loudspeaker. While I turn on the voice recorder app, on my spare phone. Not ideal at all but at least the call does get recorded and is quite audible.
Maxiem
Apprentice
Options
There are apps you can download.
Maxiem
Apprentice
Options
Which will do the job. Not sure of legal issues.
0 Likes
owennnn
First Poster
Options
Download a 3rd party app, here's a link to one I suggest: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Well.. Desperate situations may need desperate solutions, there is something call voice recorder in my Galaxy, if you have a galaxy watch.. Press the record button on the watch.. I don't have a watch.. Waiting for Galaxy watch 5 in August.. Obviously Apple has that option, so you need IPhone and Apple watch... Remember how I started... Desperate times need desperate solutions..
0 Likes
Dee_Tee
Explorer
Options
Thank you.
0 Likes
Dee_Tee
Explorer
Options
If only I did. I have afitbit. Blast! Thanks anyway though.
0 Likes
Dee_Tee
Explorer
Options
Ty it seems to record the calls but the other person is silent and from what I can see on the Internet, it says its accessibility options again...but they are on ... AGAIN. Flipping samsung!
0 Likes