Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK customers sidelined again, as usual!!

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 08:46 AM)
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
I've been a so called Samsung fan boy for many years now spending thousands of UK pounds on their products. But, as a UK buyer I always feel cheated and used a cash cow by Samsung when compared to other region's buying options.
A classic example is the S21 Ultra...US buyers get better insentive deals to buy a better performing version of the product. I have the exynos S21 Ultra and it IS worse than the Snapdragon version. The camera lag and heat buildup is the worst I've ever seen on any phone (besides Note7, lol). On these rare UK hot days I couldn't tell you how many times a message popped up informing me I couldn't take a picture because the phone was too hot. I've had the phone since launch and can't wait to get rid of it for the Z Fold 3. But, as usual, Samsung slaps UK buyers in the face while they treat US customers as their favourite children. If you believe you are part of the Samsung family forget it. History speaks for itself. Check anyone outside of S.Korea and the US purchase deals and your country's deals , especially in the UK. Currently you can pre-reserve the ZFold&Flip 3 with very favourable phone trade ins and $100 cashback to boot. UK, aaah save the date links...Boo Hoo, thanks Samsung you're so generous. 
23 REPLIES 23
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Surprise surprise, just seen an update for my S21 Ultra...the performance of the camera has been improved...let's see if it sorts out the lag... when you update don't forget to clear cache partition... and don't forget to plug your phone USB cable into your PC to enter recovery mode...good luck!
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
It was a promotion when the s21 came out.
Was you not aware that it didn't come with charger before you purchased the phone?
I agree it is a bit mad that they didn't give the option to receive a charger for free if you didn't already have one.
You can get one from Amazon (25w) for about £10 I think.
0 Likes
PaulStone
Voyager
Options
No I had completely forgot that they were stopping the charger brick. (Still think they should put it in the box though) also was surprised that they didn't even give a set of headphone . I think expensive models should come with everything . They should stop the Accessories on the lower end phones. Yeah I have seen them chargers on amazon/ebay I'll pick one up on pay day lol.
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Wow, looks like I'll be keeping my S21 Ultra and Z fold 2 this year... not worth any changes as changing the S21 Ultra for the Z flip 3 is a downgrade and the differences between Z Fold 2 and 3 are too small if you already have the Fold 2...got rid of my my Watch 3 though as there is a real upgrade there software wise so will be getting the Watch 4 classic...that's me for this year...roll on 2022 let's see what real upgrades will be made then!
0 Likes