Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK customers sidelined again, as usual!!

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 06:19 PM)
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
I've been a so called Samsung fan boy for many years now spending thousands of UK pounds on their products. But, as a UK buyer I always feel cheated and used a cash cow by Samsung when compared to other region's buying options.
A classic example is the S21 Ultra...US buyers get better insentive deals to buy a better performing version of the product. I have the exynos S21 Ultra and it IS worse than the Snapdragon version. The camera lag and heat buildup is the worst I've ever seen on any phone (besides Note7, lol). On these rare UK hot days I couldn't tell you how many times a message popped up informing me I couldn't take a picture because the phone was too hot. I've had the phone since launch and can't wait to get rid of it for the Z Fold 3. But, as usual, Samsung slaps UK buyers in the face while they treat US customers as their favourite children. If you believe you are part of the Samsung family forget it. History speaks for itself. Check anyone outside of S.Korea and the US purchase deals and your country's deals , especially in the UK. Currently you can pre-reserve the ZFold&Flip 3 with very favourable phone trade ins and $100 cashback to boot. UK, aaah save the date links...Boo Hoo, thanks Samsung you're so generous. 
23 REPLIES 23
Slizzered
Navigator
Options
For sure. I've never had any issues either but the fact that it's £999 in the UK and $999 in the US (not including the amazing trade in deals), for a technically worse version of the same phone is slightly annoying.

Then again, I've been buying UK Samsungs for years so I'm sort of used to it. I don't recall ever seeing a time where the Exynos version was actually better than the SD version.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It may be the case that Europe does not always get the best deals, however the general expert consensus is that the Exynos 2100 processor is a marked improvement. Snapdragon may be still be more impressive though. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/dont-worry-if-your-galaxy-s21-has-an-exyno...

As far as dimming goes are members using the optimum settings? Of course there will be faulty units , I have not experienced overheating issues myself though the deviceba little warm after Superfast charging.

I was later purchasing the S21 Ultra and the Galaxy Buds Pro offer had ended then , a Harmon Kardon Speaker was included.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm surprised with a couple of points.

1) There are forums where people are complaining about the Snap Dragon version as running hotter then the exynos version and that's why it runs faster then the exynos.
Apparently Samsung is trotterling the exynos.

2.) When we earlier got this phone people who had done the smartswitch transfer were the ones who had the most issues compared to is who done from scratch installing apps manually.

Probably there are some dud phones out there.

So do have a look at my above two points and beat of luck.
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Great suggestion which others will learn about if not already, thanks...I've cleared the cache partition though as done after all updates...sad to say this is what you have to do with Android phones due to residual files...Ah, the simplicity of IOS...lol
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the suggestions...I did use Smartswitch when transferring from the Z flip, 500+apps + 2 screens of folder's went across 🤭😅...not too bothered now as only a few weeks before ZFold 3 is shipped...the weather is not too hot so the S21 Ultra is still a good phone to use until I send it off to Samsung with a trade in... I'll keep this in mind though next time🤔
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
yes, it's so frustrating seeing US YouTubers telling everyone to take advantage of the Samsung offer while all we can do is wait for the unfolding day... they've had at least a week and a half of leisurely deciding whether they wish to buy the phone with a great trade in and money on top... Samsung are so predictable with the UK I've already got my Buds boxes out to sell them as that's all there going to offer us 🙄
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
yes, the recent exynos is a marked improvement from which highlights even more the ridiculousness of the situation... I'd compare it to the same vehicle from the same manufacturer...a 3-litre engine will cost more than a 2L version due it's refinement...Samsung clearly recognises that exynos is not as good as Snapdragon that's why ultimately they're always striving to improve it to be as good as it.. this is why we're in this position of reviewers always needing to compare the validity of a regional phone when released...we as consumers should demand they scrap regional processor selling... if they want to sell the exynos 2100 dedicate it to another phone range but two separate processor's for a flagship phone for the same price, it's a con we have fallen into....as far as I'm aware Samsung are the only smartphone seller that do this ridiculous thing...
PaulStone
Voyager
Options
How did you get free earbuds? I didn't even get a charger which has really annoyed me since I don't have a USB c brick to plus the cable into ( using my partners one at the moment until I can buy one) . Don't think it's good sense to leave out the charger on over a £1000 phone that's needs to be charged.
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Haha, this is another joke for UK buyers...US buyers already know what their offer is before the launch due to the pre-reserve on the US Samsung website...while we, we have to wait with bated breath to be surprised on the day...also we seem to never get anything more than Buds... I must say though, the option of 0% interest on your purchase is one of the best...here's a heads up, make sure you've registered for the unfold event on the Samsung UK website...just been sent this :-Get Excited, Paul - just a couple more days until Galaxy Unpacked. Don’t miss the big reveal of our latest devices on Wednesday 11th August, and keep an eye out for your exclusive offer email...OK, I'll be very disappointed if it turns out to be a set of buds again though 🙄😭
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Anyone thinking of purchasing a Z phone make sure you pre-register for the unfold event for whatever the surprise is...just got this from Samsung :- Get Excited, Paul - just a couple more days until Galaxy Unpacked
Don’t miss the big reveal of our latest devices on Wednesday 11th August, and keep an eye out for your exclusive offer email. I've placed a bet it's another set of Buds but we'll see 😂
0 Likes