Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK customers sidelined again, as usual!!

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 08:46 AM)
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
I've been a so called Samsung fan boy for many years now spending thousands of UK pounds on their products. But, as a UK buyer I always feel cheated and used a cash cow by Samsung when compared to other region's buying options.
A classic example is the S21 Ultra...US buyers get better insentive deals to buy a better performing version of the product. I have the exynos S21 Ultra and it IS worse than the Snapdragon version. The camera lag and heat buildup is the worst I've ever seen on any phone (besides Note7, lol). On these rare UK hot days I couldn't tell you how many times a message popped up informing me I couldn't take a picture because the phone was too hot. I've had the phone since launch and can't wait to get rid of it for the Z Fold 3. But, as usual, Samsung slaps UK buyers in the face while they treat US customers as their favourite children. If you believe you are part of the Samsung family forget it. History speaks for itself. Check anyone outside of S.Korea and the US purchase deals and your country's deals , especially in the UK. Currently you can pre-reserve the ZFold&Flip 3 with very favourable phone trade ins and $100 cashback to boot. UK, aaah save the date links...Boo Hoo, thanks Samsung you're so generous. 
23 REPLIES 23
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Sent my S21 ultra UK back to Samsung for full refund due to over heating problems after 5 days of having it I've never had a phone get so hot before.. 🔥 🔥.. it got so hot I nearly burnt my hand and messages to turn off came up all the time with minimal use of phone ..people that say it's normal to get hot that's rubbish warm maybe burning hot no way ... Went for the S20 ultra instead brand new boxed direct from Amazon ( special offer ) £500 pounds off RRP few months ago no problems with that phone at all
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I personally love my s21 ultra (exynos).think I've been lucky in the fact I've never had this overheating issue that some have had.
I also got a free pair of buds live with my phone(worth £180 at the time)😁.
I get easily all-day battery,the performance and smoothness is the best I've had on any phone(and I've owned alot😅).
I love the design and the display is first class,even the camera is pretty amazing although I'm not big on photography.
It's such a shame that some customers clearly got faulty units as this phone is brilliant.
As for the Snapdragon/exynos debate,it really is swings and roundabouts as one will perform better than the other in certain tests.
But overall you really can't tell any difference in real world use.
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Yeah and they don't consider the ridiculous price of life in London. I got defective S20FE which was the worst phone I ever had than upgraded to S21 "flagship" to only find these phones are not what they were in the past. Next phone would be another brand. Samsung displays used to be the best but now it goes dimmed if I open maps or other navigation app and I struggle seeing the display it is just funny that all the functionality protecting the phone from overheating or the display from burning is actually making it useless......
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Maybe I do have a faulty unit...also I do believe your usage of the phone plays another part to it... was at a family function taking lots of photos on a very warm day and it locked up on me due to overheating!
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
As you've described, the exact happened to me...the phone got so hot I switched it off to let it cool down for a while... I take quite a lot of photos and it's the first phone that's ever overheated so that I couldn't take pictures...missed some great shots because of this, errr
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Yes there are great aspects to the S21 Ultra...it is a great looking phone and screen which is well made, also once you've got past the camera lag when opening the app it works well...it's just that there are too many people with the same issues which means there is a problem somewhere...may it be a problem at the manufacturing stage allowing for too many faulty units to be sold or the owner usage stage at which the phone when overworked heating issues occurs...there's definitely a problem somewhere...happy that you're happy with your phone as you've been one of the lucky ones!
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah I do think I've been lucky if you like.
I'd say it's definitely a manufacturer issue rather than a user issue,as I've had days out in the country taking lots of photos with no issues(very hot days).
I know it's probably a silly question but do you perform partition cache wipe after each update?
0 Likes