Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Typing Delayed After Update

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 05:19 PM)
Chadders
Explorer
Options
Just accepted the latest update on my S21 Ultra and noticed straight away that there is a delay on typing. Usually if I open messaging app I can tap the text box and start typing instantly. Now there's a few seconds delay so it misses off the first word or so. It's very annoying. 

Happens in any app eg Messages, WhatsApp etc. 

Tried Gboard which is my usual but also tested and it's the same on Asking keyboard. It's driving me mad! 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What's typing like on the Samsung Keyboard @Chadders 

Perhaps check in your current keyboards for any reset option.

Also try > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chadders
Explorer
Options
Oh I had a typo. The Samsung keyboard is exactly the same 😞

I'll maybe try clearing cache
Alver18
Student
Options

Same problem as mine, gboard or Samsung keyboard all the same, it happens when keyboard pop ups and there is a second or 2 of delay which if you type instantly as soon as the keyboard pops up there is a delay touch won't be recognize instantly.

Also same when clicking search bar on chrome there is a delay 

But main issue is the keyboard delay same issue we encounter

I haven't encountered any fix yet. S21 ultra is my device

0 Likes
Solution
Chadders
Explorer
Options
Hi mate. Do you have Facebook Messenger installed? Chatheads enabled? Disable chatheads and test 😎
Alver18
Student
Options

Holy cow thank you for replying so fast, wow it really did fix the problem why is chat head affecting it, isnt there any other way? 

Chadders
Explorer
Options
I don't know when or why it happened but it must be related to either a messenger update or a Samsung update changed the way it treats apps that draw over other apps.
0 Likes
Chadders
Explorer
Options
I used chat heads for what feels like years with no issue until very recently
0 Likes
JakeSapport
Journeyman
Options

I have had the same problem, and your fix helped me instantly. It Was pain in the a**.

Chadders
Explorer
Options
I'm glad it was of help to you. I spent many hours testing and even did a factory reset before I realised what the issue was!
0 Likes