Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off pop ups but keep edge lighting...?

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 10:18 PM)
Jmiauhu
Apprentice
Options

I love the edge lighting on lockscreen and want to keep it on. I HATE the pop up on screen when the phone is unlocked. Is there a way to keep edge lighting lockscreen notifications but turn off pop ups when using the phone? I especially don't seem to be able to hide message preview of WhatsApp messages, which is really frustrating. I have floating notifications turned off already. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Jmiauhu: If you have Edge Lighting enabled via Settings > Notifications > Brief Pop-up Settings, then it sadly isn't possible to assign notifications to your Lock Screen only. What I'd suggest is heading to Settings > Notifications > Recently Sent > Whatsapp (as an example) > Select a notification subcategory > Show As Pop-up > Toggle this option off. Do this for any other subcategories, and let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Jmiauhu
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, the problem then is that I get no indication that a message has been received when the phone is locked. I've just upgraded from an S9, which used to blink the LED light when I received a new message on lockscreen. It seems a shame that the only options are obnoxious pop up notifications when using your phone or no alerts at all!

0 Likes
Jmiauhu
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, the problem then is that I get no indication that a message has been received when the phone is locked. I've just upgraded from an S9, which used to blink the LED light when I received a new message on lockscreen. It seems a shame that the only options are obnoxious pop up notifications when using your phone or no alerts at all! Lockscreen only notifications seems like a sensible option to offer...

0 Likes