Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading in upgrade program S20

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 04:42 PM)
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Hi guys so basically I am on the upgrade program i have the S20plus however unfortunately Im unable to upgrade to the S21 as apparently because Its not been 12 months im not allowed thus meaning I will be missing out on the free earbuds etc and also getting the phone 2 months after everyone else. So what I decided to do was contact Klarna they said if I paid off the S20 then i would basically own it and will be able to trade that I, also i asked Samsung live chat and call to confirm if I pay off my S20plus can I then trade that in for the S21 and pay the remaining difference by all parties I was told yes that is possible however going through the T&C i can see now somewhere it says that you cannot trade in a phone that was under the upgrade program so basically now I'm worried that I've paid off Klarna and though my order for the S21 has been accepted for S20 trade-in, when it comes to it they will reject the trade-in due to the trade-in phone being from the upgrade program? I hope this all makes sense I hope someone can help here

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Matt1412
Pioneer
Options

I think they possibly mean that you cant trade in a phone that still has outstanding payments on it, now that you have paid it off its yours now to do with what you want.. It's only an idea though not 100% I can't order the s21 because according to samsung im not eligible for an upgrade, my remaining balance is over £700 for my s20 Ultra but if I paid off the balance and traded it in i would only get £450 for it so i'd almost be losing over £300... it's a joke.

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options
yeah it's really really dumb especially when others who got it same time as us are about to upgrade and we're being told to our faces that apparently that is impossible like lmao wtf anyways I'm going to pay off the £600 for my s20 ultra which will hopefully get me £540 off so I'll be losing 60 over 2 years but still better than missing out on the £219 buds,tag and getting phone on release
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

I'm even more worried now because my order says -£540 for the S20+ however now on the samsung website the S20+ is only £450 trade in

0 Likes