Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trade in

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 05:57 PM)
B82
Journeyman
Options
Hi I traded in my s20 ultra when I purchased the s21 ultra . It was less than a year old great condition had no problems that I could see etc . Since sending it in I received an email saying it had screen burn and I have to pay an excess fee . I've been trying to get hold of someone by email and live chat for 2 weeks now as I don't agree with this decision and I just keep getting passed around to different places with noone actually acknowledging what I'm saying . I've now received another email with a link to pay the excess . I'm still waiting to hear from my last email.  My question is how long will they keep asking for payment until they just end the trade in and send phone back or something 
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
surely if it has screen burn that is samsungs problem? if it's a year old it is still in warranty anyway and a year old phone should not be getting screen burn no matter how long you use it. I wouldn't pay it.
DaveyG80
Explorer
Options
Your 1 year old phone is still under warranty so Samsung should have to replace the screen for free anyway. They trying to have you over
MarekTheInfinite
Explorer
Options
They will try and scam you. skip contacting the trade in people and contact the head office and escalate. been there and done that 😞
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I have read other Samsung members saying trade in say screen burn to everyone.
B82
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for replies...I've been trying but everyone passes me to someone else . I think I'm even more annoyed as well because I ordered the s20 ultra last year for release date and ended up getting it about 2 weeks late and was told at the time I would get a 50 pound compensation voucher which never happened and I gave up chasing that in the end so now to b told I need to pay more for my trade in on a phone just under a year old is just really annoying. I wish I just kept the s20 now I've spent thousands on these phones. One person told me screen burn can happen in a matter of weeks so basically isn't their problem ..another said they've logged my complaint but didn't actually answer anything.
0 Likes
B82
Journeyman
Options
I was told to email support@samsungukshop.com which I did on the 22nd February and I still don't have a reply
0 Likes
B82
Journeyman
Options
Does anyone know how long I can hold off paying it while I try and get it resolved before they do something. When I traded it in I got £510 off the S21 so don't want to suddenly have to pay that
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi there @B82 

You can reach out to our Samsung Recycle Team at helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk  or by giving them a call on 0333 207 9676. For more information on this, please visit the terms and conditions page by clicking on the following link: 

https://www.samsungrecycle.co.uk/terms-conditions

B82
Journeyman
Options
they are the ones that told me that screen burn can happen in weeks and if I want further help to contact support@samsungukshop.com
0 Likes