Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in

(Topic created on: 21-03-2023 11:54 AM)
PSmith_UK
Explorer
Options
My s21 at some point got splashed. Randomly whenever I charge, I get the water damage warnings etc, which I can only get rid of by emptying system cache partition. I now only use wireless charging, which is great. Otherwise no issues.

If I want to trade in the phone for an s23, the terms say it must power on and hold charge etc, which it does. Will my phone be accepted?

Thanks for advice.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the phone is in good condition and like you say turns on and holds a charge. It should be ok
There are some exceptions. Things like screen burn in for example, they would look at reducing the trade in price.
If water has got into the phone, then this might be an issue as well
They will plug in to diagnostic equipment for relevant checks.

Just make sure that the charging port is clean and clear. I'm sure you've checked this already.

If there are any problems that they pick up and deem to be not covered. They will contact you about it
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung will assess the traded in phone to ensure it meets their criteria which can involve looking at the water indicators.

All you can do is send it in and await the assessment @PSmith_UK 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DannyT
Options

You can check if this will pass the liquid check. Check this guide for more info on this https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001077/

If the indicator shows liquid ingress, you can always trade-in under the 'Any broken phone' option. Just head to 'Other' in the trade-in options. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes