Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trade in

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 12:27 PM)
B82
Journeyman
Options
Hi I traded in my s20 ultra when I purchased the s21 ultra . It was less than a year old great condition had no problems that I could see etc . Since sending it in I received an email saying it had screen burn and I have to pay an excess fee . I've been trying to get hold of someone by email and live chat for 2 weeks now as I don't agree with this decision and I just keep getting passed around to different places with noone actually acknowledging what I'm saying . I've now received another email with a link to pay the excess . I'm still waiting to hear from my last email.  My question is how long will they keep asking for payment until they just end the trade in and send phone back or something 
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
MarekTheInfinite
Explorer
Options
Don't just email them at the recycle centre. CC in someone in head office. did you also get some blurry photo of a "damaged" phone with ZERO proof that it's actually your phone?
0 Likes
MarekTheInfinite
Explorer
Options
that's the dodgy pic I got, ask asking for £100 through SagePay whatever that is. Samsung needs to investigate these people.

Screenshot_20210306-202343_Gallery_19215.jpg

0 Likes
chimpy
First Poster
Options
shame them on twitter and Facebook it will surprise you that you get a quick reply from them
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
Make a public case of it on twitter, threaten to report them to the ombudsman, if they charge you for your phone, you could potentially consider a section 75 charge back as a last resort. bit late to say now but always worth taking photos before you send the phone
B82
Journeyman
Options
thanks for replies ..no I didn't think to take any pictures before I sent it as I didn't think there would b a problem with a phone that wasn't that old. They sent a very blurry picture which seems to show my imei number on the screen
0 Likes
MarekTheInfinite
Explorer
Options
Don't give up. You live and learn but don't let them get away with it
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
😖 fed up of seeing these posts they are everywhere, I traded in an s5e for a tab s7, I have been told they have got it, but its still not been processed, its been nearly 4 weeks (so can't throw the s7 back at them for much longer) I have a a feeling a charge may come my way too, if it's 25 sheets I will pay it purely because I can not be bothered with the hassle but if its anymore I will be furious and will probably end mine and samsung relationship which is a shame as there is no phone comes close to them not even apple
0 Likes
MarekTheInfinite
Explorer
Options
yeah, Samsung definitely needs to investigate these people. I assume they contract this out to this company, who then scams as many people as possible, but it's Samsung who gets the bad rap. Remember the three e's: Escalate, escalate, escalate
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
yes still waiting for my s10 to be processed. if they ask for more money I will ask for my phone back and send the s21 back to them.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's what I will probably do with my s7 thing is though where do we stand after the 28 days that's what's bugging me
0 Likes