Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 01:23 PM)
vikkilynne14
First Poster
Options

I ordered and got my S21 Ultra. I traded in my S9 but got an email back asking me to pay an excess of £25 for repair. I'm not sure if it's a scam or not. The email looks dodgy but it's the right email and has my trade in reference number. Just don't want to pay it in case it is a scam as there is so many going about. Anyone else had this?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Call Samsung customer service with the number that's in your Samsung store on your mobile account just incase.
Also did they tell you what the repair is?
0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, if you send an email to samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk with your reference number they will be able to confirm that for you. Just send a new email to then rather than replying to the email you received.
sudheerk
Pioneer
Options
I heard a lot of stories related to charging £25 extra claiming to be device not meeting conditions.
the best thing you can do is, ask them for the images of the device where they feel repair needed also send them the images of your device If you have any
AndrewL
Options

@vikkilynne14: When trading in an existing handset, it must meet the minimum requirements as laid out in the terms and conditions of the Trade In Programme. If it doesn't meet the requirements then a surcharge will be issued, which seems to be what's happened in your case. If you have any concerns about the inspection of your existing device, or wish to discuss the result of the inspection, please contact MTR at helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk. For further clarification, please check the terms and conditions below.

https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/p5/uk/trade-in-terms/SAMSUNG-MOBILE-TRADE-IN-PROGRAMME...

0 Likes
leehowells
Journeyman
Options

hi andrew you put please contact MTR on 0333 207 9676 

that number doesn't work it says due to covid contact the website so no point people trying to call it thinking it could help them : (

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@leehowells: Thank you for flagging this. I've removed the contact number from my post, and recommend reaching out via the email address provided for further clarification. 

0 Likes
leehowells
Journeyman
Options

great thanks andrew

0 Likes