Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in Samsung 21 issue

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 09:22 PM)
markf
Journeyman
Options

I'm struggling with Samsung, 5 SMS, email remjndeds to return my S10+ as part of my trade in deal, but still not received my trade in returns pack despite multiple requests....now I've received the email threatening to take the balance using my payment details.  Been on the phone and soon as I get through I get cut off, live chat says busy no one available...emailed the help centre no response....I'm at my wits end! 

Any advise welcome

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

There is an email on the letter they send out of samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk for the switching program.

Also these are the people who send out the email for the trade in confirmation.

They also have a contact number of 0333 207 9676 but not sure how much that is in operation in the current climate.

https://www.samsungrecycle.co.uk/ is their website

0 Likes
Nas88
Pioneer
Options
Yes that's very true. Really frustrating. If I recall correctly, I did get a reminder email for my trade in. In that email there was a link at the bottom that says "I haven't received my trade in pack" Maybe check if you got a reminder email.
0 Likes
leehowells
Journeyman
Options

cheers nas will try the number tomorrow, its just frustrating the live chat is basically a waste of time apparently all they do is try to help if you have a problem with the actual device, surely the number of people that upgraded to the new s21 range means they are waiting for a load of old devices to be traded in so why not offer a specific chat for that issue

0 Likes
Nas88
Pioneer
Options
yes I remember when I traded in my s7 for the S10 and how smoothly everything went. Granted there wasn't a pandemic then but surely they should've know to allow for delays in sending in trade in devices etc. Best of luck anyway mate
0 Likes
Nas88
Pioneer
Options
And it's actually open till 10pm if you want to give it a go now.
markf
Journeyman
Options

Have to say I think it's the 3rd time I've traded in and I've always had to request the pack, it's never turned up as it was supposed, I know it's all "different department" excuse, but why the hell they don't send the pack out with the device I don't know! It's the last time I do trade in that's for sure

0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
I got my trade in pack before I got email reminding me, but I sent my phone back as only offered £550 on iPhone 11 256gb and I got £750on ebay just got my new S21 ultra today of ebay unopened the 16gb ram variant for £1,099 OK I lost the galaxy bids but there not that good imo ..
0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options
The problem is the whole trade-in/recylce system is automated, so when there is high demand things don't go to plan as remember the last time they had signed for my phone but was still getting reminders (must be even worse with the current situation).
It is worrying that you get messages saying that you are going to have money taken out of your account but do wonder if this is more to do with the automated system.
0 Likes