Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADE IN NEW TRICK BY SAMSUNG / MTR GROUP

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 11:10 AM)
HanS21ultra
Apprentice
Options

HELLO ALL, 

PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE SEND PHONE FOR TRADE-IN TO MTR GROUP LTD WHO HANDLE TRADE IN CASE ON BEHALF OF SAMSUNG. THEY DAMAGED MY PHONE AND DEMANDING EXCESS PAYMENT FOR PROCESSING TRADE IN DEVICE. LUCKEY I AM , I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES BEFORE SENT IT TO SAMSUNG.

NO SPECIFIC REASON GIVEN, AS WELL AS NO PROFORMA INVOICE GIVEN, PAYMENT DEMAND DIRECTLY BY MTR GROUP WITHOUT SATISFACTORY ANSWER. VERY UPSET WITH SAMSUNG PURCHASE OF S21 ULTRA. I WAS FAN OF SAMSUNG BUT AFTER SPENDING NEARLY £1499.00 WITH NEW S21 ULTRA DEVICE AND ACESSORIES, GOT TRAP BETWEEN MTR GROUP AND SAMSUNG.  WITH PRESENT EXPERIENCE NEVER EVER TO SAMSUNG MOBILE...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE GET TRAP ON TRADE IN SCAM. YOU WILL BE NO GO SITUATION AND FORCE YOU TO PAY £100.00 FOR EXCESS.  TAKE PICTURE OF YOUR DEVICE ALL THE ANGLE, IF POSSIBLE VIDEO AS WELL...   

22 REPLIES 22
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am aware that customers have had issues with Trade In Devices, certainly best to take photographic evidence for peace of mind  some of the issues arise around the stated condition of device. However I wish to point out that this is not universal and members including myself have had no problems with MTR.  I also purchased an S21 Ultra via a Trade In a few months ago.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
HanS21ultra
Apprentice
Options

Both pictures from them before and after inspection.  Phone arived in working condition and technician uplifted the screen. fter inspection... TechnicianBoth pictures from them before and after inspection. Phone arived in working condition and technician uplifted the screen. fter inspection... Technician

Both pictures from them before and after inspection. Phone arived in working condition and technician uplifted the screen without release of rear panel.. 

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I have also had an issue with samsung customer service, I purchased the s21 ultra 16GB 512GB version via pre order, with a trade in device, like new s10 for £300 off, via PayPal payments, so I could pay it off different amounts each month, instead they cancelled my PayPal payment & took the money from my bank account instead, even though my PayPal credit was £5000, that was my first sign I should of took note of but said, i wanted the phone anyway thinking it was a £1000 taken, anyway after receiving my trade in pouch from samsung, I sent it off I even made sure just to send them the special delivery receipt of my trade in device via email, three weeks later I receive the device back, no email explaining why, so I call samsung thinking they made a mistake by giving me the three hundred pounds deduction & sendingme backthe phoneby mistake, the service centre staff member said on their system it didn't say anything about them sending it back, that they'll investigate & get back to me, which they never did, but they did take £300 from my bank account, once again without an email or explanation why they did, so I ended up pay £1370 including an s-pen & a phone case.
You live & you learn.
I bought tv's, s3, s4, s6, s7, s8, s9,s10, buds plus.
Never again will they get my money.
HanS21ultra
Apprentice
Options

I agree with your post. I passed through same kind of worst customer service by Samsung's customer service as well. No proper communication. Call centre located outside of UK and no clue to solve problem, only sweet talk but no solution even does not want to listed to customer request. Never reply according to request, your request something and answer something elase.  No complain procedure. No manager available to talk or contact details.  Cut off phone call during the middle of conversation with excuse that they can not  hear me.... ( 4 times happened ).......  Once they could not solve the issue use this trict ..... Can not hear you .... Lol 

As reputed brand in the market after sales service is worst ....  👎👎👎

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Also had issues with trade in, selected it , put in imei details , All good , went through as full price , queried it with samsung as I thought maybe they refund when trade in device had been inspected but was told trade in hadn't gone through and there was nothing they could do !
Raised a compliant and was told I'd be contacted shortly which , surprise surprise I never was
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I'm only trading in my watch and taken photos of it, it was always used with screen and case protector, the band had only been used for a few days while waiting replacement so I'm hoping my trade-in goes fine.
One think checking the delivery signature it just says signed by a person first name, no proper signature and no surname.
I always take care of my devices and keep the boxes and won't be too happy if they try to reject my trade-in after seeing posts like these.

Even my Pixel 3XL that died after an update was still in mint condition as though new when sent it to Google after 30 months, plus my old phones and watches are still in good nick.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@walkerxwrote:
used with screen and case protector
I never understood why anybody would use a screen protector or case with a watch? And then trade it in for a lower price compared to selling it private?
I have used my Watch 3 since it was released, without any protection. It's been bumped, knocked and even dropped and looks almost immaculate. I even painted the living room ceiling yesterday and forgot to remove it... It was covered in speckles of Dulux White Emulsion lol.

(Images would go here but it won't let me add them)

I washed it under a tap. Only mark is on the bezel after a previous bump. That's to be expected though, due to its colour. The watch body and back hasn't got a mark on it anywhere. I could replace the bezel easy enough, but why bother? The strap is looking worn mind, I have plenty more in my draw that I can replace it with.

One of the reasons I like the silver watch over the black is that they don't show up any marks or scratches after small knocks and bumps. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I've had other watches that got damaged being knocked about or when scraped on something accidentally, so for a few quid don't mind having that extra protection, just same as when you protect your phone.

The trade-in on the GWA2 was £150 and worth it seeing I only paid £30 for my GWA2 and it 2 year old.

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Further to my previous post, just got confirmation email saying my trade-in is completed.
0 Likes