Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADE IN NEW TRICK BY SAMSUNG / MTR GROUP

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 09:01 AM)
HanS21ultra
Apprentice
Options

HELLO ALL, 

PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE SEND PHONE FOR TRADE-IN TO MTR GROUP LTD WHO HANDLE TRADE IN CASE ON BEHALF OF SAMSUNG. THEY DAMAGED MY PHONE AND DEMANDING EXCESS PAYMENT FOR PROCESSING TRADE IN DEVICE. LUCKEY I AM , I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES BEFORE SENT IT TO SAMSUNG.

NO SPECIFIC REASON GIVEN, AS WELL AS NO PROFORMA INVOICE GIVEN, PAYMENT DEMAND DIRECTLY BY MTR GROUP WITHOUT SATISFACTORY ANSWER. VERY UPSET WITH SAMSUNG PURCHASE OF S21 ULTRA. I WAS FAN OF SAMSUNG BUT AFTER SPENDING NEARLY £1499.00 WITH NEW S21 ULTRA DEVICE AND ACESSORIES, GOT TRAP BETWEEN MTR GROUP AND SAMSUNG.  WITH PRESENT EXPERIENCE NEVER EVER TO SAMSUNG MOBILE...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE GET TRAP ON TRADE IN SCAM. YOU WILL BE NO GO SITUATION AND FORCE YOU TO PAY £100.00 FOR EXCESS.  TAKE PICTURE OF YOUR DEVICE ALL THE ANGLE, IF POSSIBLE VIDEO AS WELL...   

22 REPLIES 22
Ali90
First Poster
Options
does anyone have an email address to complain to?
0 Likes
Forestpct
Apprentice
Options

Oh dear!  I wished I had read this sooner.  I, like others it seems, am at the receiving end of a nasty experience with a Samsung trade-in offer.  I was enticed to trade in my Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus for a new S21 Galaxy Ultra.  I was offered £200 for the phone plus an extra £100 as a promotion.  The S10 was in pristine condition and, as with previous phones I've owned, I was planning to sell it via Eb££ on the expectation it would fetch around £225-250.  Having accepted Samsung's offer, I duly sent the S10+ to the trade-in centre and received a £300 discount on the S21 Ultra.  About 2 weeks later, I received a demand to pay a £50 excess as, according to the trade-in group the phone was " Device Faulty – Screen burn; navigation and notifications bar visible on default background".  This was accompanied by a low quality photograph which, I assume, was meant to demonstrate this fault to me but was only just about good enough to make out the IMEI numbers and certainly didn't show any evidence of the supposed issue.  Subsequent correspondence with the trade-in group has just resulted in basically "pay the £50 if you want to keep the new phone or £300 if you want your old phone returned".  No way am I doing the latter as I don't trust them to send the phone back quickly or undamaged so I'm requesting real evidence of the "screen burn" and it's effect on the usability of the phone.  Await their response but I've gone from a real supporter of Samsung to one very disappointed customer who feels they've been scammed.   

0 Likes
HanS21ultra
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 
Please contact Samsung customer service and please ask for more proof from them for damage. They always recoed video for arrival device and inspection of it. Please demand video or more pictures. 
I did not pay a penny and they secretly process the claim without any argue after I demanded report of inspection and more proof. 
Hope your claim get processed without paying any access amount to them.

Feel free to contact me if I can help you out.
Thanks

Fever105
Journeyman
Options

I got the same email and paid. I just found this thread, I feel like a fool.

I blame myself. I was in a jolly mood just after speaking to my mum in over 2 weeks. 

0 Likes
Roy46
First Poster
Options

I also wish I had seen this info before embarking on the trade in deal. My old phone is a galaxy A3 so not very expensive but was offered a £100 trade in. At the moment they acknowledge receipt of the phone but I keep getting warnings that my new phone will be locked in 24 hours unless I send my old phone back.

0 Likes
Lovethebrand
Student
Options
I have received a similar email from MTR group saying that my pristine Z Fold 3 had a vertical line. Very poor image which did not show imei number. Have asked for a better photo, now I cannot view the original photo. Trust Pilot have a lot of issues posted about this company. Samsung, why did you not do due diligence checks? This company is single handedly ruining your reputation in the UK. MTR are asking me to pay £150 for a phone that was NOT damaged when it left me and are now not responding to my emails. Samsung you need to get on top of this before you lose customers.
0 Likes
Lovethebrand
Student
Options
Hi, could you provide with details how you contacted Samsung Customer services to obtain the video or pictures. Also, how were you made aware that your claim was processed?
0 Likes
Members_mRYkQhR
First Poster
Options

Hi just had the same issue with MTR,

I contacted samsung support but they just gave me two emails and phone number. So i directly reply to email with the photo and demand for payment plus i emailed helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk.

Tryed to phone them but they are closed now.

0 Likes
Members_8SISbkZ
Student
Options

Just had the same problem with MTR today have left it in the hands of customer services to be investigated sent in a galaxy s9 plus and they have sent a hard to see picture saying screenburn there was 100% no burn on the screen when I sent it off 4 weeks ago

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Just had an email with a picture of a smash camera glass with a sticker on the back with my IEMI number on it. I packaged it so it was physically impossible to damage so they've either broken it or they are fraudulently using another phone to scam me. I've asked for a video and they just keep threatening me. I suspect they get comission for "identifying" issues and end up trying to scam customers. I've raised a complaint with Samsung and BBC Watch Dog. I'll raise it with Trading Standards too as it's defrauding vulnerable people. Samsung should address it quickly before it publicly damages their name

0 Likes