Did you mean: 

Trade in fault excess

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 09:38 AM)
Carlos22
Pioneer
Options
Anyone traded a phone on for a s21 and had an email from Samsung

samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk

Saying they found a fault with the phone you traded in and you have to pay £25 excess? 
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Members_4LyVSP7
First Poster
Options

Received one today, asking for £25 for a missing part, along with a picture of the charging port.

So I asked what's the missing part, and their reply "A pin from the charging port" I almost fell off the chair I was laughing so hard,  plug in a cable and the tablet charges.

In the end i got three options.

1.            You can pay the excess and your trade in will be complete

2.            You can pay the promotional discount and we will return your trade in device

3.            You can return your new device to Samsung and we will return your trade in device

I've chosen option 3, so lets see what happens, I've asked them If I get in touch with Samsung to arrange the return, or if they arrange everything.

0 Likes
Dinno101
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

I notice that this thread is old but what's been the progress with your dispute regarding them finding a fault with your devices? I got the screenburn excuse as well with a lousy picture (as if its taken by a phone from the early 2000s lol). I've emailed them with pictures of my phone before sending it in and it clearly does not have screen burn. 

0 Likes
IanM_Dundee
First Poster
Options

They told me my phone had screen burn, but it's air bubbles under screen protector.

0 Likes
pgtips85
First Poster
Options

Hey, Did you reach a resolution?  I'm going through this with them now.  Sent me a grainy picture which supposedly shows the screen burn.. I've asked them to upload a better quality picture .

0 Likes
IanM_Dundee
First Poster
Options

I left bad review, but was on Samsung Recycle, they asked me to remove it, and paid the amount of cash they dropped that they took off original trade in quote, they paid to me.

0 Likes
pgtips85
First Poster
Options

Thanks, what website did you leave the bad review?  I cant find a review section on the Samsung recycle site?

0 Likes
Members_ejnuGoK
First Poster
Options

Hi Carlos, 

The same has happened to me.

I have been reported screen burn but it doesnt show in the picture they have sent me so definitely it is scam.

How was it resolved your case?

Thanks in advance.

Isabel

0 Likes
emlddgs
Apprentice
Options
They have just done the same to me. Samsung have demanded I pay this mtr company. The same excess, I asked to return the phone and I would pay Samsung the £70 difference. They just told me now to pay mtr £70!
0 Likes
fccsumsung
Explorer
Options
Hi I just did a trade in and they came with the same trick ! A picture with a phone elegedley my phone but the pic ha no quality and they ask me to pay £75 for the order to be completed! So you guys think this is a scam?a way they make more mone? Plus the new phone has came with no charger head and no headphones
0 Likes