Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast Notifications

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 09:27 AM)
TSue1
Apprentice
Options
Is there a way to stop a certain app from sending toast notifications?

Google messages has a toast notification whenever I highlight a text message. If I'm highlighting multiple to delete then I end up having to wait for ages for them to disappear.

"Message selected
1 message selected
Message selected
2 messages selected
Message selected
3 messages selected... And so on.."

S21 Ultra. UK. Android 12.
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try Settings" > "Notifications" > under "Recently Sent", click "More" > then at the top, drop the list down to select "All" > and then just turn off the apps you don't want to see anything from at all.
0 Likes
TSue1
Apprentice
Options
Thank you but that would then remove all notifications from the app. I just want the Toasts gone.

Although strangely my A52 doesn't have the Toasts. But my S21U does
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have done some more research and apparently they are not removable. I haven't seen any but I do use the Samsung app. What do these messages state?
0 Likes
SamDung9998
First Poster
Options

Did you read the first post Pugs? He listed exactly what the toast messages say.

I'm having this same issue on Note 20 ultra

0 Likes
Options

My A52 shows toast notifications  for every tiny action I take on Google, WA etc. It stays on screen forever and blocks my keyboard with a black strip on which message  appears. e.g. if I sent a reply in WA it will show "sending reply" and stay there forever not allowing me to type further.

I am tired of finding a way out can anyone help me please

Ranger3bn
Student
Options

Go to settings 

Go to accessibility 

Go to advance settings 

Go to " time to take action"

While you cannot disable it completely you can pick how long it stays on your screen. 

Members_T7HCRna
First Poster
Options

You absolute lifesaver!! This has been Happening for days on mine and I even went as far as resetting my phone.  Your advice has worked perfectly. If I could hug you I would. These toasts have been bugging me so much!! 

0 Likes
Ranger3bn
Student
Options

No problem I have been in your shoes before and grew very frustrated with the lack of information. It seemed that people were either talking about the issue and not offering a solution or they thought they were talking about the same thing, but was mistaken about toast notifications and the conversation went off track. I recalled the name of "toast notification" in a Motorola message board and remembered this same issue on my Motorola phone so when I saw it on my S23 ultra I was able to fix it. 

0 Likes
Options

Thanks a lot

0 Likes