Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Tips] Network Service Provider Info Update

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 11:26 AM)
blackberry73
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone! I'm based in the UK and got my S21 Ultra yesterday from Samsung's UK website. I noticed my Samsung Pay saying my device is not available in German. No access to Samsung Members and Notices in Health App in German as well. Support chat didn't help but I digged around forums and figured the problem was in the network service provider information. So my tips if you encounter this:

1. Turn on the phone with a UK sim inserted. (I think that's where things went wrong with mine initially)
If you skipped step 1 and got the problem: 
2. Turn off phone
3. Take out sim tray
4. Reinsert sim tray
5. Turn on phone
This should prompt a network service provider update and phone will restart with everything working properly now sow far.

Same situation for my partner's S21 Ultra and the solution worked. Turns out it's a common problem with unlocked phones not bought from any UK carrier and not having sim in messed up with the country specific code (I'm not a tech genius so someone with more knowledge might confirm or explain).
8 REPLIES 8
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

This is the 'most useful post of the day' !!  Thankyou for posting this.   I was wondering why members had spent 24 hours without working and Samsung pay was not working with German message on screen. 

This has fixed my problems... very useful 😀

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
blackberry73
Apprentice
Options
Thank you! Yes I was really frustrated when support couldn't help yesterday and I thought I got a faulty device. Glad I could help!
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

Tried this on my S21 but it's not having it? EE is the network provider, bought direct from Samsung

0 Likes
blackberry73
Apprentice
Options
Ah, so sorry to hear that. That's the only solution that worked in my case but support said I should try uninstalling and installing samsung pay again, wipe the app cache, wipe the partition cache from the boot menu, force stop the app. Maybe you can try these options but none helped my case. Also, after this problem was fixed I got an out of the box update (the phone was supposed to come in today). Maybe check for a software update?
0 Likes
blackberry73
Apprentice
Options
Also, I'd try to resolve this and possibly even get a new phone if the problem is the same as mine as I think updates depend on the CSC and you might get those later or not at all (again only based on other forums I'm not expert at all). If you have access to the Members app you can start by creating an error report from your phone to see if developers can help (suggested by support).
0 Likes
maett
First Poster
Options

Hey Jaybee360, how did you resolve it in the end?

I'm based in Switzerland and have the same problem, but none of the workarounds here in the forum is working for me.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
It fixed itself the next day.
0 Likes
maett
First Poster
Options

OK thanks. I'll wait a couple of more days then before returning it I guess.

0 Likes