Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***** this phone

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 10:46 PM)
Big Bank Bailey
Student
Options

I trade my mint condition note 10 plus for this *****. It gets super hot still even after updates and my battery doesn't last all day. My note 10 plus had a pen and lasted 3 days on maxed out everything settings. They say the high temp is normal idk how it hasn't exploded like last time yet. I feel ripped off wanting to upgrade for speed and got no pen no charging box and a super hot phone that isn't much better than the note 10 plus it's just newer that's all. I hope y'all learn from this and make better phones for 1,400 dollars you should have enough money to make them better now. Also give us the ***** unlock oem feature on snapdragon devices already and quit hiding it. 

6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What other things have you tried to remedy the issues you are experiencing.
Symptoms are not normal from the S21 Ultra.
Have you tried clearing the Partition Cache on the phone.

Did you use Smartswitch to setup your phone. If you did, consider resetting the phone after backing up your settings etc
Then setting up from backed up data instead using Smartswitch.

If you bought the phone second hand or reconditioned, possibly contact the seller if you are within a returns period.

It's normal under heavy processing tasks to experience some heating, but it shouldn't get that hot.

Be also aware that some apps or themes can affect the phone as well. Like if they are old apps or themes you transferred, and not had updates for a while.

Hopefully you can get it fixed and experience the phone as it should work
SonOfDiablo
Explorer
Options
Usually samsung phones got this problem, especially if you are playing games on it. It is the most companies compromises as they are trying to get the slimmest design possible. So yeah. More slim, more overheating. Unfortunately nothing to do with that yet. My s21 is it getting hot even if you are getting a new security patch update 😅
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Big Bank Bailey  The device will generally  heat up  when using power intensive apps, downloading large files  and when multitasking, using camera for prolonged periods.   Usually nothing to worry about but if concerned you may wish to have it checked out.

With regard to performance beneficial  tips from @Glenntech , certainly wiping the cache partition and possibly resetting the phone advisable.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Big Bank Bailey
Student
Options

I did all that even got a second phone same problems. I got a upgrade from Verizon brand new phones. It's how they made they suck compared to how well made the note 10 plus was out of the box. 

0 Likes
EvanS21ULTRA
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, wait till your charging port goes out like all the other s21's. 

0 Likes
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
Hi I have a tip for you maybe try to look there is a a forum called XDA developers and type there how to optimise battery on Samsung and you will have everything A to Z how to fix it thanks
0 Likes