Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE SINGLE TAP TO ANSWER!

(Topic created on: 19-11-2021 11:32 PM)
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Well the problem remains the same. If you disable the floating or edge assistant menu then you have NO SINGLE TAP TO ANSWER. Why is that? In the last UI we could disable it by force stopping accessibility in apps BUT not anymore. Now either you use the assistant or if you dont you loose SINGLE TAP TO ANSWER- Why is that samsung???? Android 12 UI 4 and still.................

No choice not to use swipe. I would like to have single tap to answer back without a floating icon of the assistant menu.

Any suggestions anyone? Thanx.

10 REPLIES 10
T_C
Pioneer
Options
I agree that there should be an option to single tap the phone icon to answer a call, but this should be in the answering and ending calls settings menu. I use the volume up to answer for speed but there should be the option for either or both, single tapping the phone icon would be great as you could tap that if your hand was there or press the volume up if one hand is on the phone.
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Yes it was always there but before android 11 it is not there even in 12.

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
That does sound like a handy feature that has been removed... I would suggest try a third-party app to bring back single-tap to answer for phone calls. Hope this helps! 😀
Solution
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Here is the solution:

Activate assistant menu and single tap. Next go to accessibility: ABOUT, click the I(i) and force stop it. Till the next reboot it will work with single tap and no annoying assistant floating button or edge tab.

If you need to restart phone then same procedure needs to be repeated as far as I know till now.

T_C
Pioneer
Options
Still it would be better with no app just the setting
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Definitely, I agree! 👍
0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

The latest update has no solution.

0 Likes
eatschitsmsung
First Poster
Options

Quick solution: get rid of the Samsung dialer. I switched to the Google phone app and it has touch to answer. Samsung is going backwards. My old S5 also took better pictures than the S21 Ultra, but that's another topic...

PLPSF
Student
Options

Single tap no longer works in 2022 after Samsung phone updates. They offer using the volume up to answer and side key to end call. When I pick up my phone, I don’t know which side key I hit. Need to be able to use single tap to answer calls. Right now, every call ends up going to voicemail since I can't slide one-handed without dropping my phone.

0 Likes