Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S21 Ultra is 2 day Phone!

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 06:09 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I must say I am quiet impressed with the S21 Ultra so far.

I tried to push it to 2 days of usage and it has delivered. Also SOT almost 7 hours. With 10% remaining.

I believe most People who go about their daily lives with work, a bit of play and everything in between can safely use it for 2 days without worries.

I believe FHD or WQHD doesn't effect it's battery, as first day was on FHD and next day I put it on WQHD.

Let's see yours, can you push it for two days....
12 REPLIES 12
WorldFivestar
Explorer
Options
Amazing! I've seen so many people complaining how short their battery so it's great to see someone's battery going strong! Faith restored aha
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
my battery has got better and better since day one. it is probably day 3 or 4 that the improvement starts to be seen and when the optimising has finished.

I havent quite seen 7 hours yet... but today I have used a lot for work, two video calls and a lot of browsing around... not too bad so far today... and 25% left.

depending on my evening... it may not quite make a full day today, but I am hopeful that it will still improve some more... and today has been a very busy day for my phone.

kind regards
Smiley 😀

SmartSelect_20210202-182745_Digital Wellbeing_4696.jpg

SmartSelect_20210202-182708_Device care_4695.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe, If you are on wi-fi and can dedicated whole day on your phone you could get 9 hours of SOT out of the phone.

This was apparently my 2nd day battery info.

Screenshot_20210202-183854_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
i must say. i am on day 6 now (got phone a day before release) my battery life is amazing and my numbers are similar to yours
HaydnR
Explorer
Options
Mine has been amazing. I've been on my phone a fair bit, taken a video and lengthy calls and still on 40%. Very impressed.

Screenshot_20210202-204248_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Once you are on there, Press the blue bar to get your 'screen on time'
0 Likes
HaydnR
Explorer
Options
Thank you, I didn't know that was there!

SOT looks good, I think.

Screenshot_20210202-210911_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't recommend you let your phone get under 80% in battery life because the more battery you use, the battery health will get bad really quickly and the battery will struggle to hold charge for a whole day, the whole time I have owned my S20 Plus (since August 2020) I have never let it get under 80% and the battery is really healthy and lasts as long as it did when I first got it.

Here are some tips to save battery from me:
ok here we go. First tip, always keep dark mode on if thats fine with you, secondly, go to settings, then go to connections, go to more connection settings and turn off nearby device scanning because it uses a lot of battery in the background, and the third tip is to uninstall any apps that you don't use because the less apps there are, the less battery that will be wasted in the background. Before I changed all these settings on my s20 plus, the battery life was horrible but now its absolutely amazing. Please use these tips and you will have a much longer lasting phone and battery. Hope this helps!
0 Likes
DVL83
Explorer
Options
If you don't allow your phone to drop below 80%, how do you know the battery is healthy?

I agree you shouldn't run the battery to near empty and keeping the charge above 50% is good for the battery but staying over 80% in the real world is a little unrealistic.
0 Likes