Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The lights aren't on, but somebody is at home? Black screen S21 Ultra 5G 512GB

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 08:57 AM)
Birdyboyuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced just a black screen on their device?

I put my phone on charge before bed, and in the morning the screen was just blank! Before this, it was working perfectly fine.

I tried resets and all sorts, to no avail. You could feel the vibration when turning the phone on and off again. When trying to call, the caller would hear the ring from there end, but nothing from mine but was calling out. The phone is only 6 months old.

I took my phone to my local Samsung repair centre and I have been informed a week later that they are unable to repair it. I do wonder what could have been the cause?

I have been in contact with Samsung and I have been offered a refund of the current RRP or a replacement, however, the S21 Ultra 5G 512GB is currently out of stock 😞

A refund could take up to 2 weeks, but I would much rather the replacement as phone is on contract for another couple of years. Anyone any ideas on how frequent the stock gets replenished? I saw the Phantom Silver was on stock on their store, however, I was informed I had to wait as it would be coming directly from head office.

I am currently using an old iphone 5S in the interim...it's awful. Too small and too slow!

6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is a global chip shortage so stock of a lot of goods is affected. In these unusual times availability is difficult to predict. I'd go for a refund and check which retailers have stock.
Birdyboyuk
Apprentice
Options

Hmm...I see what you mean, however, if I take the refund this would allow me to pay off my contract, but would then mean taking out a new contract as I wouldn't have the funds to buy outright...

I may give it a week or so and see what happens...

Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options

Yesterday 16th August, using Waze driving to Lincoln, I could hear directions and looked to see how long before I arrived at my destination and screen was blank!

Until now I have had no problems what so ever. Just when you think you have got a perfectly working S21 Ultra. It is going to Samsung for repair under waranty.

Meanwhile I am using a OnePlus 5T, which is very slow and has not had any security updates for a year.

Members_PmaLa40
First Poster
Options

I'm in same boat as happened to mine in similar way...with no recent back up too . awaiting a courier. What was the outcome, did they manage to repair with no need to factory reset ?

0 Likes
Members_ye2gnKS
First Poster
Options

I have an S21 and the same happened to me today.  Apparently unrepairable.  Unbelievable!  I cannot locate my receipt as its 18 months old and conveniently Samsung want an order number which doesnt appear to be linked to my account! It has a 2 year manufacturer warrantly apparently!!!

0 Likes
JustGold
Apprentice
Options
About a month ago this happened to my Note 20 ultra,screen totally black but could feel the Haptic feedback on the screen in places,tried the fixes that are on the YouTube how to videos but no joy......then today as i was going in to the city as I'd mentioned it to the guy in the Vodafone shop and because its still under warranty he said to bring it in next time I was in town.So I picked up the box this morning and opened it and to my surprise the phone was on and on the home screen.....back working perfectly,Now I don't know if its anything to do with an over the air update or the new android 13 software that's been updated that's sorted it but whatever did it I'm just chuffed because at least its got purpose again rather than just an expensive paper weight.
0 Likes