Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The clock disappears on my Always On Display on my new S21+

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 12:34 PM)
Members_6jccXPq
Apprentice
Options

I have the strangest and most annoying bug. When i press the power button on the side I can see the thumbprint icon and the battery display but not the clock (sometimes the clock will display for a split second then disappear).

Press the power button to show the lock screen then again to go back to the AOD, and the clock shows. 

But it then only shows for a very short period of time. Usually when the minute changes it will just disappear along with any notification icons.

If I change the clock from digital to an analogue clock display it ONLY shows the hour, minute and second hands, not the outer hour markers or numbers. Any notification icons are not shown unless I press the power button twice again like above.

My AOD is definitely on 'Show Always' and I'm pretty sure I'm not on any power saving modes.

I'm fully up to date with software and am on v6.2.30.6 of the AOD. I've had a galaxy since the S3 and this is the first one to do this since the AOD was invented.

I've even had the phone completely replaced and this one is doing the same thing. I've got Nova Launcher installed but I've just tried uninstalling that now and it's still doing the same.

Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
SeanForsberg
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much! Worked instantly and was driving me nuts. 

0 Likes
sworkman
First Poster
Options

I cannot believe this worked!! I didn't even think anyone else had this seemingly obscure app since it doesn't really function properly and requires tons of permissions. I've been searching for days for a solution to the exact same problem as OP. Took 4 days to find it and I can't thank you enough! Thought I was going to lose my mind.

0 Likes
Liquidj
First Poster
Options

THANK YOU! I just got my Galaxy S 22 and had this exact same problem! Although I didn't have to uninstall holylight Just configure it properly and then the always-on display worked as I wanted it to. That being said I've been searching for two days for the answer to this question. Thank you thank you thank you!

0 Likes
SteveSimons
Explorer
Options

Yess!! That was the culprit for me as well!! 

I had the same exact behavior on my Samsung S10E just fixed by Samsung. It has been formatted and had a major full and clean os install to latest Android 12, and the only thing I've done were only both Google and Samsung account login and data/settings backup restore.

For a moment I thought that my old settings restore had messed my brand new os install by Samsung, that from what they said is a different release of the os as it is a forced full install instead of an OTA.

I had both Holey Light and aodNotify installed before bringing the phone at Samsung assistance, with the first one being disabled in the app as I was using the second one. In the past I used Holey Light at first, then moved on aodNotify (that is quite better IMHO), and never uninstalled the first one for don't know what reason.

Now it was only necessary to disable it by untucking the slider at the top one first loaded and BOOM! Always On Display works perfectly.

As the culprit is indeed that app, and if you use it, just pass on aodNotify as it's much more reliable....And uninstall Holy Light if you don't use it (as I'm finally doing that now :smiling-face: )

0 Likes