Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The clock disappears on my Always On Display on my new S21+

(Topic created on: 03-06-2021 12:10 AM)
Members_6jccXPq
Apprentice
Options

I have the strangest and most annoying bug. When i press the power button on the side I can see the thumbprint icon and the battery display but not the clock (sometimes the clock will display for a split second then disappear).

Press the power button to show the lock screen then again to go back to the AOD, and the clock shows. 

But it then only shows for a very short period of time. Usually when the minute changes it will just disappear along with any notification icons.

If I change the clock from digital to an analogue clock display it ONLY shows the hour, minute and second hands, not the outer hour markers or numbers. Any notification icons are not shown unless I press the power button twice again like above.

My AOD is definitely on 'Show Always' and I'm pretty sure I'm not on any power saving modes.

I'm fully up to date with software and am on v6.2.30.6 of the AOD. I've had a galaxy since the S3 and this is the first one to do this since the AOD was invented.

I've even had the phone completely replaced and this one is doing the same thing. I've got Nova Launcher installed but I've just tried uninstalling that now and it's still doing the same.

13 REPLIES 13
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would try a 'wipe cache ' under recovery.
0 Likes
Members_6jccXPq
Apprentice
Options

This has happened with two separate phones so i don't think it's anything to do with the recovery. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you you do smart transfer from old phone or Fresh start?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Also check permissions for the AOD under Apps in settings
0 Likes
Members_6jccXPq
Apprentice
Options

I've done smart transfer through pc, through phone to phone AND just signing in with my google account that's backed up my settings to the cloud. I haven't done a fresh start because as soon as I sign in with my google account, it downloads all my data automatically.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lot of people had issues with smart transfer, so if you have stuff backed up on Google. I would suggest a Fresh start and see if it solves the issue.
0 Likes
Members_OOKvVTA
Student
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Plus when I unlock with a fingerprint method, it has a distorted animation.

Please,  let know if there might be any other solution rather than reseting.

0 Likes
Solution
Nevets2003
Student
Options

Uninstall an app called "Holey Light" if you have it, I had the exact same and upon installing apps like that it worked flawlessly. Please check your apps. 

Members_OOKvVTA
Student
Options

Thanks a lot...

It was fixed right after I uninstalled it!!!

0 Likes