Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering popup when connecting to car

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 07:45 AM)
AA12345
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Since one or two weeks, Android is showing a popup notification whenever I connect to my car over Bluetooth. It will ask me whether I would like to allow Bluetooth tethering. 

The message is something like tethering bluetooth detected. Allow or deny. 

It is really annoying.  And the strange thing is, my car doesn't even support bluetooth tethering. I've tested it with multiple cars, and for all it behaves the same. So I guess something changed in my phone. 

Can anyone help me out with getting rid of this annoying pop-up? 

15 REPLIES 15
AA12345
Apprentice
Options

Hi Blueflame192, can you share the steps you took for changing the default connection to exclude internet? 

0 Likes
Blueflame192
Student
Options

It's specific to each vehicle, but essentially finding the connection settings in your car, Bluetooth, then selecting the Galaxy to "uncheck" the internet.

0 Likes
VEJ1
Student
Options

Same issue with my '21  Volvo.  These frequent every 30 second requests started about 2 weeks ago, very annoying. I haven't found a solution yet. 

0 Likes
VEJ1
Student
Options

I finally found a way to stop the frequent, every 30 second, Bluetooth tethering requests on a '21 Volvo.  It had to be done through the car's settings menu...

Communication >Bluetooth> UNCHECK Bluetooth internet. 

Note: on a '21 Volvo, the Bluetooth option isn't enabled for selection while your phone is connected to the car's USB port by cable. 

0 Likes
ty1246
First Poster
Options
I have a Toyota Yaris and the same problem happens to me, but the car doesn't have an option to disable getting the internet from phone's bluetooth.
0 Likes
VEJ1
Student
Options

If your car has an option to default to your car's built-in internet access provider, if your car has that option, I think that may also solve the issue of trying to connect to your phone's Bluetooth. 

Or, if your car connects to Android Auto or Apple Carplay, look over all settings options for either of those Apps, both on that respective App on your phone and car's menu screen. 

0 Likes