Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible battery life

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 01:31 PM)
o6np7
Student
Options

I've had my s21 plus with exynos for months now and the battery life is really terrible. Barely able to get 3 or max. 4 hours. I use 120hz with bluetooth and mobile data off and have strong signal. This should not be a problem as I've seen people with those settings turned on get 6 hours and more of SOT. 

This isn't normal, is it?? What should I do?

Screenshot_20220126-113211_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Have you tried using device care
To put apps to sleep When not in use
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
The 120hz mode will be killing the battery if you swap to power saving mode reducing to 60hz it will improve alot.
0 Likes
o6np7
Student
Options

But I like to use 120hz and that way I paid for a phone with a feature that I can't use. And as I said, I've seen people that use 120hz and still get 6 hour screen on time, though on snapdragon.

0 Likes
o6np7
Student
Options

Yes I have put some of them in sleeping mode.

0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Yes, I have a Z Fold 3 and if i use 120HZ it just kills the battery (Although i'm playing intensive games on it) the phone does have a Snapdragon processor but supposedly the 888 5g has a tendancy to overheat and throttle performance.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah sounds like a fault. I have S21 (exynos) and I use 120 hz basically everything on and in one day I do about 3-4 hours sot which depletes the battery to 50% by 8-9pm. I reckon I could do 2 days on battery its just Im out all day so I still charge it every day. But yeah defo sounds like a fault with your phone, so I wld send it to where it came from to see if u can get it fixed.
0 Likes