Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tempremental notifications

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 01:33 PM)
MichQx
Apprentice
Options

I have just got the new samsung galaxy s21 5g. I am having trouble with the notifications for whatsapp and sms etc. Sometimes they cme through making a sound, as i have set them to do. Then, all of a sudden they will just start vibrating, and not actually making a sound. so i am then missing them. And now, they are coming through without making a sound or even vibrting?! I was speaking with someone last night trying to get it sorted, but they didnt seem to know why it could be doing it. I did everything they asked me too, which eventually included resetting the device and leaving it off for a period of time, before turning it back on. This seemed to have worked for most of today. and now the problem has started again! it has a mind of its own! it randomly decides when its going to notify me, and how. Any advise or help? i wondered if it was some sort of setting but it seems to be random now and i cant find what it could be?\thanks

11 REPLIES 11
meganlydia
Explorer
Options
yep mine does the same, I've updated the phone and still having that issue. also keeps shutting online apps down randomly all the time 🤷🏼‍♀️
0 Likes
Yoz32
Student
Options
exactly the same issue, spent hours searching forums and Web pages for a solution. nothing.
0 Likes
MichQx
Apprentice
Options
me too. I'm getting so annoyed! going to try and factory reset and see if it helps
0 Likes
Agent616
Explorer
Options
yes. my phone has started this in the last few days. S20 Ultra 5G. resetting phone brings them back temporarily. seems to have started since last update.
bluegruntfuttoc
Explorer
Options
same issue on my S20+
0 Likes
MichQx
Apprentice
Options
I have reported the error. they said they will get back to me when they find the root of the problem 🤷‍♀️
Agent616
Explorer
Options
I don't think a factory reset would work as I believe this has been caused by the recent software update
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Taking WhatsApp as an example, try going to...

(phone) Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Notifications > Message notifications > Sound... select the notification sound you want for WhatsApp and come back out.

Hope that helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Members_gHk6xYn
Journeyman
Options

Getting the same issue, not with any specific app either.

0 Likes