Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update

(Topic created on: 27-12-2022 09:19 PM)
lflip
First Poster
Options
I've just updated my Samsung today and all I've had is notifications saying malware may have infected my phone.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like you have third party malware on your phone. Possibly through an app or Theme downloaded
Can also get them clicking on links.
Personally if it was me. I'd factory reset the phone and change my passwords on another device like a laptop.
I know it's inconvenient doing this, but to try and find the issue would take ages
Backup your data on your Samsung account before resetting

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google has updated some security policies and they have also removed some apps from the Playstore.
It's possible that you may have an App or two that has been removed from the Playstore due to security issues.
Tapping on the notification. Does it give you further information or go to the issue that's giving the notification.

Also, go into the Playstore and Galaxy Store to update all the apps that have updates available.

Check in battery and device care. Then device protection to do a scan of the phone
lflip
First Poster
Options
I've updated all my apps and checked battery and device care everything is all fine but I still keeping notifications,I now have one where it says they will lock my phone soon and when I click on it,it takes me through Google pay to a screen to pay to remove adware and malware
0 Likes
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like you have third party malware on your phone. Possibly through an app or Theme downloaded
Can also get them clicking on links.
Personally if it was me. I'd factory reset the phone and change my passwords on another device like a laptop.
I know it's inconvenient doing this, but to try and find the issue would take ages
Backup your data on your Samsung account before resetting
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would do as @Glenntech said, definitely wouldnt pay or leave it as it is
0 Likes