Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing photos & whatsapp images from gallery to onedrive

(Topic created on: 26-04-2023 07:13 PM)
Members_OFIBJWr
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have been having issues with gallery being unable to sync whatsapp images to onedrive

I have read previous threads & understand that samsung removed the facility for gallery to sync the whatsapp images.  I have followed the steps to remove the samsung account & can now see both the pictures I have taken, plus the whatsapp images other people have sent me uploaded to onedrive

However, if I delete an image from my gallery on my phone, then it is not deleted from onedrive

Is there anyway to allow this two way sync please?  

Otherwise the only solution I can see, is having to regularly go into onedrive to delete all the rubbish that you no longer want which is obv very clumsy & time consuming !

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible, OneDrive is able to support the backup and syncing however as far as I'm aware it's not able to delete selected images from within Gallery.

You'd have to manually go in to OneDrive and delete it from in there.
keith30
Maestro
Options
You would have to delete the photos from Onedrive separately as the gallery won't sync them anymore. What'sapp backs up your data and photos/video to Google Drive. I use Google photos which I find much better the the Samsung Gallery app.
Members_OFIBJWr
Apprentice
Options

Thank you.  That's a shame as I have brought more storage for onedrive, but have run out of the free google storage so am a bit reluctant to buy both.  

0 Likes
Members_F2EQbMz
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Could you send a link to the steps you are talking about to fix the backup issue of WhatsApp photos on onedrive with Samsung gallery? It would be really helpful as I cannot find it myself ... Thanks you very much 

0 Likes