Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swiping on Accidental Touch Protection

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 01:44 PM)
ItsMike
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone else noticed that the accidental touch protection screen doesn't swipe properly? If an alarm goes off and I take my phone out of my pocket to dismiss it, I always have to swipe past the accidental touch protection screen.

For the past few months, it doesn't seem to register my swipes properly, and when it does, it's so minor that the circle hardly moves, so I end up having to swipe unbelievably slowly for it to dismiss it. 

Not sure which software update it started happening with, but it's a huge pain. I don't want to turn it off because it'll start registering touches while in my pocket. 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Edit: it seems to be much worse only when an alarm is going off and the alarm overlay is in the background. If I simply cover the top part of the screen and wake the display to get the lock screen, the touch protection swipes away immediately almost every time.
8 REPLIES 8
Kingfisher344
Navigator
Options
This found in Settings-Display. Scroll down and turn off/on
0 Likes
ItsMike
Journeyman
Options
I'm guessing you didn't read the post?
0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
I've actually found the reverse (but I have a different series phone) where if sometimes my hand is hovering or covering one edge of the screen, then touches don't register at all. This is likely not a helpful post but it seems like the way the touchscreen technology has been packaged in the last couple of years is getting pushed to its outer limits.
0 Likes
ItsMike
Journeyman
Options
Sorry for the late response, I didn't receive a notification for this. Yeah it's strange, it does feel similar to your description, maybe it thinks I'm touching the screen somewhere that I'm not, but it's interesting that it only happens when the alarm clock overlay is behind the screen, never any other time. Maybe both interfaces are trying to capture input?

I think you can prevent apps from overlaying on top of other apps, if I find that setting for the alarm app, it might help narrow it down. It doesn't seem like this question got any traction so maybe it's just me with the issue.
0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
No worries, i hope you manage to solve it.
0 Likes
NevetSteve
First Poster
Options

I have this ALL THE TIME with my A52. It's like my phone is being held hostage when I see that screen. But if I turn the feature off it pocket dials nonstop. Very frustrating and no solution or help seems to be available.

ItsMike
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it's super frustrating, glad it's not just me. Over a year later I still have the issue whenever an alarm goes off, there's been no fixes or mention of it at all
0 Likes
Deb472
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same issue. Its only when my alarm goes off. And it doesn't register my touch at all. It's really frustrating