Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with USB-c port

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 09:59 PM)
Members_7HaT8In
Student
Options

My S21 currently does not charge using a USB-c to USB-c cable. However, it does charge using a USB-c to USB-A cable. I find this very bizarre. 

Some points:

1 - I tried several USB-c to USB-c cables (5 in total). They all work fine to charge my Nintendo Switch.

2 - I tried several USB-c to USB-A cables. They work fine with the phone.

3 - I tried resetting the USB cache and data. Problem persists.

4 - my partner has an S10, with exactly the same problem. 

Any ideas what might be going on? The USB-c port seems fine because it works with a USB-c to USB-A cable. The issue only appears when using USB-c to USB-c. I am totally at a loss on how to fix this. It's very annoying because I cannot use Android auto in my car, which only has USB-c connections, not USB-A. Any input is much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd suggest to take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store so they can take a look at the issue @Members_7HaT8In 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
HFlynn
Explorer
Options
Get the original cable. I think some are set for data transfer only. Nintendo cables might supply power for Nintendo only maybe, I don't know but using the original cable might be best
0 Likes
Members_7HaT8In
Student
Options

Thanks for the input. The cables used to work fine, but are now not working at all with the phone. Only if it's a USB-C to USB-A cable. 

0 Likes