Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with S21 camera?

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 11:31 PM)
Gman82
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy S21 5G, which is brand new. It has all the latest firmware and updates.

When using the camera to take pictures in low light, I am getting vertical lines showing sometimes. These also show in the actual picture which has just been taken.

Please see attached video showing this.

Has anyone else had this issue at all? 

I have deleted the camera cache, didn't work. I have even factory reset and this too did not fix the problem. 

20220112_195635.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's because of light flicker. LEDs etc appear to the human brain to be constantly emitting light when in fact the light is pulsating.
Shooting in such an environment makes it noticeable because of the film rate. See this http://led-obzor.com/home-led-bulbs/why-led-lamp-blinks
Gman82
Apprentice
Options
Okay thank you for clearing that up.
Very strange that this does not happen when using another camera apps like instagram or whatsapp in the same room.
0 Likes
Members_1DGTbu9
First Poster
Options

Hey Gman82... did you get this resolved? I'm having the same problem but on my S22+. Problem doesn't occur in Instagram or WhatsApp either, but does in the Samsung Camera app, even when I'm in Safe mode. 

0 Likes
Gman82
Apprentice
Options
Hi there.
No it didn't get resolved, so I've just learned to live with it. If I change my camera angle a little, the lines will fade or go sometimes.
0 Likes