Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage size on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 04:33 PM)
henrysauzande
Journeyman
Options

I just recently got the Galaxy S21 Ultra Dual SIM Model SM-G998B/DS 256GB version (according to the box anyway) but the phone storage analysis and device care are saying that it's 128GB. Any insights into what could be the reason behind this difference? 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Double check that it's not saying that there's only 128GB left in the device after system software & apps have been installed, if the actual storage is saying its a 128GB version contact the company or store you purchased it & request an exchange & explain their mistake, hopefully they should admit their fault & exchange the device for the 256GB model.
Let me know who it turns out.
henrysauzande
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20220525-165652_Device care.jpg

henrysauzande
Journeyman
Options

@Blessed4life so above screenshot definitely says 128GB. I did ask the supplier they said it should be 256GB as that was what they sent but they are looking into it as well

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@henrysauzande You will have Total Storage Displayed along with the Amount Used as shown here for the benefit of anyone with issues  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-clear-up-storage-space-on-your-smartphone/  Certainly System and Apps and other  takes up a fair amount of storage but on my S21 Ultra it is still only around 65GB.   From your post your total storage is only 128 GB, therefore should contact seller. Where did you purchase it from? As long as it is being investigated.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
That's definitely 128GB storage, request an exchange if you paid for a 256GB version.
henrysauzande
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the feedback @JAMES4578 I moved over data from my old phone (Galaxy S8) so the used space is fine it's just weird how the storage is not 256GB as I had paid for and as the box says 256GB as well. I got it from China I'm based in Africa

henrysauzande
Journeyman
Options

Will do that thank you. Any chance it could be fake. May be a way to verify? I have so far been able to sign in to my Samsung account and transferred a few files and it looks like a legitimate One UI 3.1 experience so nothing to indicate otherwise

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 256GB phone. When I go to "Settings > Battery and device care > storage" my phone displays:Screenshot_20220525-163147_My Files.png

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Do the IMEI numbers on the box match with the ones on your phone.

Who in China did you buy the phone from.