Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopwatch launching by itself

(Topic created on: 20-03-2022 01:42 AM)
AmyHodz
Student
Options

I can't find anything about this anywhere so I'm not sure if I'm alone in experiencing this... I'm waking in the night and am finding my  Galaxy S21 5G clock app is active with a running stopwatch. The time on the stopwatch varies from having been running for hours or 30/ 40 minutes. I haven't touched my phone, nor have I used the clock app in any way during the day or evening. I simply find the timer icon on my lock screen, open my phone and there's the running timer.

It seems to happen inconsistently, not every night, different times etc. But only in the middle of the night, never during the day. For example, I just found it running at 2am. I hadn't touched my phone since 10.30pm. The stopwatch icon was on my lock screen and when I unlocked the phone the stopwatch was there running at 1d 2hrs and still running. The other night, same thing but timer was at 35 minutes Absolutely no idea what's going on... 

Any ideas?? 

6 REPLIES 6
ben8998
Pioneer
Options
Paranormal
0 Likes
AmyHodz
Student
Options

😆 ha hopefully not

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AmyHodz: Can you try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and will help to determine if the issue is stemming from an external source? To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

Do this over the the next few nights, and check to see if the issue persists. If not, then restart your phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed third party apps. Furthermore, head to Settings > Apps > Clock > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
sasikumar
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me...

These are the exact things said by samsung customer care.

But it is not working for me .

stop clock runs automatically when incoming call arrives to my mobile.

0 Likes
Shariq1
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same problem,  after during all the reseting and safe mode thr problem still there and it's quite irritating!

This happen last year after running a update...

0 Likes
Osciii
First Poster
Options
I have the same same but it happens throughout the day time and evening at random points in time - I think it's some sorta interstellar sh8
0 Likes