Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock VPN stopped working on S21+

(Topic created on: 16-02-2023 10:21 AM)
MattSN_eu
Student
Options

Hello, 

I have set 2 VPN connections in S21+ stock VPN app a year ago. It worked fine.  Today I noticed the connections are no longer working/ connecting to VPN. All I get is "connecting" status.  I think this is an update issue related to Samsung. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

PS. please do not post links to the general "Android VPN" related problems since they are not solving my problem. I tried everything before I wrote this post.  

Br Matt

5 REPLIES 5
Marieke van Elst
Apprentice
Options

You can try Proton VPN its the best free vpn in the Google Play store.

0 Likes
Special-man
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem on my S10 Lite, started after applying a system update. VPN set up (L2TP/IPSec PSK) years ago, been working fine until now. The VPN server works fine, which I can verify with other devices.

Anyone else, or ideas?

And no, this has NOTHING to do with VPN apps or providers, don't suggest "have you tried this-and-that VPN provider", this is about opening up a VPN connection to a server I myself administer.

0 Likes
stuart_2k
First Poster
Options
I've also noticed this, initially I thought it was poor Internet connection but turning off the vpn works fine. Other vpn devices are working fine. It also seems to have started after the system update
0 Likes
Special-man
First Poster
Options

Is your VPN by any chance IPSec with IKEv1 and L2TP? Android 12 removed the ability to create new L2TP connections for "security" reasons (IMO overreaction much?), but existing connections worked, until they didn't. I wonder if this has something to do with the connection not working any more.

0 Likes
stuart_2k
First Poster
Options
No, it's openvpn in my case
0 Likes