Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still haven't got the Android 12 update for my S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 09:11 AM)
matt095
First Poster
Options
I'm at a complete loss here. I keep hearing everyone talk about receiving the 'new' Android 12 update yet I haven't even received the first update, let alone the recent bug fixes. I have attached screenshots of my service provider software version below. Would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help, samsung support just keep binning me off and aren't being very useful

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Where did you get the phone from and what phone network are you currently using?
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
It looks like your phone is running UK unbranded firmware but the region it was manufactured in was Hungary. Where are you from and where did you purchase the phone from?
0 Likes
matt095
First Poster
Options
I purchased the phone from Amazon, brand new and unlocked in the UK
0 Likes
matt095
First Poster
Options
I am in the UK and purchased it from Amazon brand new. The well regarded 'Phone INFO' app tells me the phone was manufactured in Korea for the UK Market
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Strange then that the original CSC code for that device shows a carrier branded code for TMH = T-Mobile, Hungary.

My own U.K. model shows an original CSC unbranded code of BTU...

HLAT5Gp.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
matt095
First Poster
Options
That's very strange, I wonder how I even got the first BTU update from November with that CSC then? I've tried the trick of taking out sim, powering off and putting sim back in but no luck there. It should be a UK model, is there any way to check at all?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Did you get it from Amazon themselves or a Marketplace vendor? Reason I ask is some vendors on Marketplace are selling grey imports which means a phone meant for another region sold in the UK. Try with Samsung Smart Switch for PC, that may be able to force the update if it finds it available
matt095
First Poster
Options
It was a vendor unfortunately, marketed as a UK unlocked device at full retail price. Couldn't see any other reviews saying they had issues. I've already tried smart switch with no success unfortunately. Thank you for your help it's appreciated
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@matt095 

You have checked as per your screenshot of, "Service provider software version", in post #1. This may account for you not receiving the last 5 BTU updates for Android 12 since last October.

Screenshot 2022-01-18 092104.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes