Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standoff with samsung regarding camera blurry in 1x mode

(Topic created on: 22-10-2022 09:28 AM)
EddN
Journeyman
Options

Hi

My s21ultra exynos has the issue that has been mentioned on several forums by others where quite often when you open the camera it's blurry on the 1x zoom unless the phone is shook or tapped. Examples of other people's issues below

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-1x-camera-focus-blurry/td-p/3940793

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/main-camera-very-blurry/td-p/4073483

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-camera-blurry/td-p/4495952

The camera worked fine until December 2021. I booked a doorstep repair and someone from wefix came out, plugged it into a diagnostics machine and said "no fault found, can't repair"

I then sent it to samsung direct and they also stated no fault found, returning it unrepaired.

I've reset the cache, camera data and obviously factory reset the phone several times due to the repair policy but no difference, the fault remains. 

Frustrated I contacted samsunguk via Instagram and they are basically saying "sorry, if our engineers say its not faulty, it's not faulty" and basically tough. They even had the cheek to suggest its user error and that for every photo you need to adjust the aspect ratio otherwise the photo may be blurry, this despite it being on the standard camera at 3:4 and it never having an issue until 9 months or so into ownership. I sent examples of the blurry pics in question aswell as links to the forums where others have had the same issue.

What's really galling is the multiple other examples of other people having the exact same issue, and it being fixed by samsung with a camera module replacement.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how I should proceed with this? The phone is under warranty and clearly has a fault with the camera that appears to be fairly common, but samsung are effectively saying "computer says no" and not willing to accept there is an issue and fix it.

It probably would have cost them less to just replace the camera module the first time then to pay for couriers to pick up the phone and return it it the second time round.

Any advice greatly appreciated 

34 REPLIES 34
PatrykGostom6
First Poster
Options

How it ended? Did someone found a solution for this problem? I have the same situation, very annoying!

Members_KrIKRmk
First Poster
Options

Agreed, any updates on a fix would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Members_V9qjP0Q
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem for me...

0 Likes
EnBePe
First Poster
Options
Yes me too anyone got a fix yet?
0 Likes
EddN
Journeyman
Options
Original poster here... samsung never admitted there was a problem and basically said if the engineer Said its OK there is nothing we can do.
I now just give the phone a whack each time I open the camera. I'll just live with it until a new phone I fancy comes out and I can trade in.
0 Likes
steviez
First Poster
Options
Yes same problem glad to know I'm not the only one
0 Likes
Charlie62
First Poster
Options
Same problem - must be a hardware issue as tapping the screen firmly with two fingers resolves it - but I didn't pay nearly a grand to put up with that and also miss the moment because I'm having to tap the screen.
steviez
First Poster
Options
Yes it is annoying having to tap the phone every time u take a picture it also looks so unprofessional. I have seen the camera module for sale and checked out how to fit it on utube .has anyone tried to do this .if so any problems thanks
0 Likes
EddN
Journeyman
Options
Did you guys send the phone to samsung to get it fixed? If so what was the response?
0 Likes
aulty219
First Poster
Options
Im having the same issue 😭
0 Likes