Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify

(Topic created on: 29-05-2021 05:27 PM)
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
I was wondering if anyone is having issues with the Spotify app?
I use it most days and when using it yesterday I felt like a change from my usual playlists so searched for a dozen or so tunes & added them to a queue. When the first track had finished something that I didn't know started playing. It was just playing tracks at random, the majority of which I didn't know & hadn't heard of. 
It was doing my head in so I sacked it off & played music I had stored on my phone.
I'd completely forgotten about the issue and when walking to get a wigbash this morning I opened Spotify and clicked on one of my playlists only for it to do the exact same thing. 
I've contacted Spotify who were no help whatsoever & were unaware of any issues. 
I've just been on the play store to see if an update was available and I noticed it was in the list of recently updated apps. I'm guessing this is the reason I'm having trouble with it.
Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions before I cancel my subscription? 
Thanks in advance 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
I am using the free Spotify and having no issues l"m in the UK
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for replying mate. I don't suppose you know if you have updated the app in the last few days do you?
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Yes updated 2 days ago it says on play store
0 Likes
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Hmm bizarre 🤔
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @CharlieHowes 

Have you tried clearing the app cache to see if it makes a difference? If not, you can do this by heading into Settings > Apps > Spotify > Storage > Clear cache. If this doesn't work, perhaps uninstall the app and then reinstall it again. These steps usually work miracles when random issues start to occur.

0 Likes
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
I've tried clearing the cache mate but unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. I'll uninstall it and see if that helps. Thank you
0 Likes
dazhug
Journeyman
Options
There is an autoplay option in settings, which, if turned on, plays similar thanks when your playlist finishes. I normally turn this off when I checked now it is turned on. Wonder if an update has reset it to on
0 Likes
Solution
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Surprisingly it sorted itself out yesterday. I just skipped through the few completely random tracks it kept playing & once I'd got through them everything started playing as normal.
0 Likes
Ferret57
First Poster
Options
Yes mate, having exactly the same issues.
I was happy using Google play, until they made you switch to YouTube music.