Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify lock screen controls missing.

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 06:28 PM)
djd711
Journeyman
Options
Since I updated to one UI 4, My lock screen controls for Spotify have disappeared. I have checked on my partners S21 and she has the same issue.

Even when the phone is unlocked, swiping down from the top still doesn't even show any controls or what I'm listening to either. 
11 REPLIES 11
djd711
Journeyman
Options
I have just solved this myself, it seems by default lock screen music widgets are disabled. Works again now after enabling. Screenshot_20211122-105347_AlwaysOnDisplay.jpg
Sophie_bubbs
First Poster
Options

Mine has never switched off on widgets but I still don't have my spotify lock screen appear. Any suggestions?

AnnaOfTheWoods
Apprentice
Options

I'm also having the same issue. My music widget has never turned off but it still diesnt display the music buttons on the lock screen, nor does it display when i pull the screen down for notifications. I've tried several different theories I found online but nothing has worked. If anyone manages to sort this out please post it! 

Members_2u2i81B
First Poster
Options

This worked like a charm, my sister who has the S21, after the One UI 4.0 Android 12 update, it stopped showing on the lockscreen, after enabling music within the widgets section, it just worked perfectly.

0 Likes
c_stowers96
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue and was able to fix it. I believe the problem was that I had notifications off for Spotify. To fix it I went to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications (turned on "show notifications") > Notification Categories (make sure "Playback" is turned on). Worked for me. 

0 Likes
c_stowers96
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue and was able to fix it. I believe the problem was that I had notifications off for Spotify. To fix it I went to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications (turned on "show notifications") > Notification Categories (make sure "Playback" is turned on). Worked for me. 

0 Likes
c_stowers96
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue and was able to fix it. I believe the problem was that I had notifications off for Spotify. To fix it I went to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications (turned on "show notifications") > Notification Categories (make sure "Playback" is turned on). Worked for me..

0 Likes
galaxy a series1
First Poster
Options

thanks bro

0 Likes
Duncsc
First Poster
Options

Logging in and out of Spotify worked straight away for me.

0 Likes