Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker

(Topic created on: 26-03-2021 06:39 AM)
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options
Hi folks.

My Samsung S21+ has suddenly started playing music ONLY through the ear speaker (at the top).

Have I accidentally pressed a setting? 
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I think u have, please try and remember what u have done.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Pull down the notifications and select media. From there you can choose the audio output of your phone.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try restarting the phone
AndrewL
Options

@AlexGuitar94: Can you try heading to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Sound Quality and Effects > Dolby Atmos, and enable this feature to see if this helps at all? If not, open the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Speaker, and run through the on screen prompts. Does this return any errors? 

0 Likes
Solution
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for this. Although all I had to do was turn my phone off and on again and it resolved the issue
SamShilton
First Poster
Options
Hi, I'm having a similar issue..at some point (I can't remember when) the audio switch from the media speaker to just playing through the Ear speaker used for calls.

I can't find any answers to this.

I've tried turning the phone off and updating it. No change.

Examples of apps it plays through the ear speaker only:
YouTube
Spotify
Facebook
Instagram
Any other sound playing apps.

Nothing comes out of the media speaker at the bottom any of the times I play sound.

Thanks
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @SamShilton , 

Anything odd for you with the 'Left/Right Sound balance' in Settings > Accessibility > Hearing enhancements? (If the L/R is shifted more towards the ends of the bar it can produce the exact effect you're experiencing with the relevant speakers/audio output.)

0 Likes
Nbttig
First Poster
Options
I'm having this issue and cannot resolve it. It's frustrating as hell. Any advice. Even when testing through the Samsung members app, both sounds are coming out the ear speaker.
0 Likes
Nbttig
First Poster
Options
I've closed all apps, reset my phone twice.
0 Likes