Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 10:12 AM)
Hel393
Pioneer
Options
Anybody keep getting spam text messages saying they have a new voicemail,  I must get at least 4 a day 
7 REPLIES 7
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Nope. It's not a number on your block list calling who is being diverted to your voicemail but not leaving a message?

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If its not on your recognised list of numbers. Definitely don't tap on the link.
Best thing is to find out if that number is the network voicemail notification.
If not then just block the number.
I've been getting loads of Spam and potential fraud phone calls.
But just blocked the numbers and it looks like they have run out of different phone numbers to call me on
Hel393
Pioneer
Options
No they leave a link obviously I've not clicked it, I check my voicemail and there's no messages ,
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Hel393: Are you able to block the sender via the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Block numbers and spam > Block numbers? If not, I recommend reaching out to your network provider to see if anything can be done from their side. If you have recently downloaded any third party apps, try uninstalling them them as a precaution, just in case the messages are stemming from one of them. It's unlikely, but worth exploring as an option. 

Hel393
Pioneer
Options
Yes but there's so many I'm losing my patience..
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
This is now happening on WhatsApp where you get strangers messaging you on WhatsApp to help them with their "business ventures". Normally involves having a pretty face on the profile pic.

Be careful who you communicate with people lol.
0 Likes
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
If it is spam you can delete it or block it completely
0 Likes