Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOUTH AFRICAN (XFA) S21 GALAXY ULTRA STUCK ON EUX CSC CODE AND SAMSUNG PAY AND MEMBERS DOES NOT WORK

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 08:21 AM)
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

I bought a samsung s21 ultra online in South Africa, did the setup and all worked well with Service Provider software being SAOMC_SM-G-998B_OXM_XFA_RR_0010 XFA/XFA,XFA/XFA/XFA. Immediately a day after i received an update then i updated the phone, and decided to do a factory reset, now its SAOMC_SM-G-998B_OXM_EUX_RR_0004 EUX/EUX,EUX/XFA/XFA.

I tried to downgrade install a January patch to see if it will receive the update nothing, tried factory resseting, nothing, tried sim turning off wifi trick nothing. My samsung pay and members dont work anymore, i get an error in germany when i open my pay application and members gives me an error that its not supported in this country but at first everything worked well.

please help

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Could this be an imported phone @hmprincehenry or a phone that's a grey import sold by Samsung resellers ?

I imported my phone and all works OK but I made sure it was still a phone direct from Samsung Hong Kong and that it worked with my Networks in the UK.

Google what those csc are which should help.

If all else fails then if available send it back.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Hi, in the Italian community there have been a lot of early adopter issues where a lot of early devices got stuck on the EUX EUX EUX csc and did not swap to ITV.

It was a software issues due to the fact that some software revisions of the pre-release software where bugged, if I recall correctly samsung issued an update to fix that.

However I have been out of the loop for 1 month so I do not know if it was effectively fixed or not. I can confirm that your device is destined to the european market, try to contact the seller to ask for a refund. And after the refund is issued and you have sent back your device buy the device from a reliable seller which provides devices targeted to south africa.

Hope I helped

Archer
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the advice but the seller is refusing to give a refund instead hes directing me to a samsung repair shop....for a new device less than 2 weeks old

0 Likes
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

should be XFA throughout which is MTN South Africa but i tried everything and its fruitless

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Check the sellers small print in regards to refunds. Was the seller a private individual or a company ? 

They are usually duty bound to give a refund for a faulty product.

Also some have Cooling off periods.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

if the seller is a shop and not a private the seller in my country ( I do not know how long is in your country) has the duty to full refund a return if done before the 2 weeks from the time of selling.

The bug tech chains in my area always try to refuse that and you have to quarrel to have your rights applied, however in this case it is different: the product is not only defective but the seller sold you a product destined for another market and if he did not point out that at the moment of selling it to you either directly or indirectly (via the model number) they must accept the return.

If it is a private the situation is quite a bit more of a mess since you do not have that kind of protection.

Also note that due to samsung policy usually repair centers have access to the parts for their country or region (europe, south africa, usa ect...) so if you bring them an european device it is possible that they could refuse the repair or charge you for that or you may have to ship the device into europe to have it repaired. Also the repair is not ideal since in this case a motherboard swap is the only solution if updating via odin to the latest software did not solve the situation, and considered that it is a brand new device a full device disassembly is not the best.

If it is a seller go hammer down on the refund policy

Archer
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

@Archer_Legend wrote:

if the seller is a shop and not a private the seller in my country ( I do not know how long is in your country) has the duty to full refund a return if done before the 2 weeks from the time of selling.

The bug tech chains in my area always try to refuse that and you have to quarrel to have your rights applied, however in this case it is different: the product is not only defective but the seller sold you a product destined for another market and if he did not point out that at the moment of selling it to you either directly or indirectly (via the model number) they must accept the return.

If it is a private the situation is quite a bit more of a mess since you do not have that kind of protection.

Also note that due to samsung policy usually repair centers have access to the parts for their country or region (europe, south africa, usa ect...) so if you bring them an european device it is possible that they could refuse the repair or charge you for that or you may have to ship the device into europe to have it repaired. Also the repair is not ideal since in this case a motherboard swap is the only solution if updating via odin to the latest software did not solve the situation, and considered that it is a brand new device a full device disassembly is not the best.

If it is a seller go hammer down on the refund policy

Its barely two weeks since i bought it.I got it online but from an SA company and the refuns policy clearly states that i can return the device within two weeks. Now the seller is telling me that they dont do returns if its nkt an out of the box issue.Now i have to take it to Samsung

0 Likes
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

The phone is South African i can see it when i punch in the EMEI. I found a workaround by using an Indonesian Firmware there is a video on Youtube.At least i can get future updates and Indonesian Samsung Pay and also Members are working.I also got an added feature call recording tht wasnt on the SA firmware...CSC Code (XID).

0 Likes
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the advice

0 Likes